We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Escalante

Buckinghamshire UK
Level Contributor
133 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel Escalante

Has anyone recently stayed at this hotel as all the reviews seem to be old ones. If so can you please give me any info. ie: are the rooms really small? is the location really good etc?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel Escalante

Hi Shoe,

I never stayed there since I live there however, the location is excellent. You can walk to the beach or up Fifth Avenue South where there are many restaurants, pubs and shops. Have you checked out there website. They have virtual tours of the room to give you an idea.

http://www.hotelescalante.com/rooms.htm

Hope this helps! Enjoy your stay in Naples.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,740 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel Escalante

I have not stayed there since the condos were built - probably 3 or 4 years ago, however, I agree with mama - it is an excellent location. My experience was very relaxing and enjoyable and I have recommended the hotel to others visiting the area.

Buckinghamshire UK
Level Contributor
133 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel Escalante

Have now booked the escalante for 3 nights in July thanks for all your help

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
1 post
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel Escalante

I waited until we returned from a week at the Escalante to respond and we just got back yesterday. Very happy to let everyone know we had a wonderful week. Yes, the rooms and bathroom are small, but are newly renovated. We had booked with the private patio, so that's like another room as it's secluded behind high walls. We suggested that they put in a slightly larger bar fridge so you could store salads etc from a deli. As a Master Gardener I was sad to hear that all the gardens at the old hotel were not saved. The landscaping that remains at the downsized facility is looking a bit tired. But,the rooms are clean,the staff is friendly and very attentive. Large continental cold breakfast daily by the pool. Limited lunch available poolside, and wine there in the evenings. The restaurant Fontenada's Grill apparently is still evolving. The condos on the old site across the driveway are finished, but we only saw one or two people over there the entire week. It was absolutely quiet. The location just cannot be beat, you are across the corner from Bice and all of 5th, just a few blocks from the 3rd St shopping & restaurant district and a block & 1/2 from the beach. We pre-booked for same time next year in order to get the same room and got a 10% discount. This is a place where you don't really need to get in the car, except a trip or 2 to Winn's Mkt or Barnes & Noble. We walked ALOT. Would not recommend to families with very small children.

Buckinghamshire UK
Level Contributor
133 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel Escalante

Thanks for the up to date info, I am glad you enjoyed your stay and am relieved I have booked the Escalante now

6. Re: Hotel Escalante

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 18:16
Get answers to your questions about Naples
Recent Conversations