We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

naples in three weeks

London, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
64 reviews
Save Topic
naples in three weeks

We (2 adults, 2 children - 5 and 3 years) are travelling from the UK to the States in April. I have been trying to find a relaxed, child friendly, beach location with a cosmopolitan feel and good food nearby to spend a few days. Would Naples be a reasonable choice? (We will be flying from Baltimore, and have no itinerary booked yet.)

Many thanks for any suggestions.

Naples, Fl
Level Contributor
641 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: naples in three weeks

Yes Naples has everything you want. I am still mysified when asked what is a child friendly beach? there are no lifeguards and in fact they are pretty much a think of the past due to liability, no glass as this is a no-no at the beach. All of Naples beaches are relaxed and child friendly.

London, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: naples in three weeks

Thanks, that's helpful. By child friendly, I meant the type of hotel/resort there, rather than the beach itself (but my question wasn't very clear). Thanks again.

Naples, Fl
Level Contributor
641 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: naples in three weeks

unfortunally (or not really) I never get to go to the hotels in Naples because I live here. Someone else may know. The Marriott on Marco Island, has kid programs and even a slide in the pool.

Wilmington, Vermont
Level Contributor
118 posts
186 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: naples in three weeks

Try the Vanderbilt Beach Resort which includes part of an old '50's motel type operation on the beach side with condo's on the bay side of the street. We've had friends stay in both types of accomodations with all enjoying their stays. As a plus they offer a coupon book good for discounts at various restaurants including the Turtle Club, one of Naples' better on the beach restaurants.

www.vanderbiltbeachresort.com/aboutus.asp

London, United...
Level Contributor
133 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: naples in three weeks

Thank you for all that. We're coming from far, so want to make it a fab trip!

6. Re: naples in three weeks

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 September 2009, 10:21