We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Another tiresome 'Orlando to Naples' drive-time question!

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sydney
Level Contributor
444 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Another tiresome 'Orlando to Naples' drive-time question!

Consensus is that it will take 4-5 hours using Roads 4 and 75.

I was thinking of taking Roads 17 and 31 south and Mapquest shows a drive time of about 3.5 hours using this route.

Can anyone advise whether the latter option is indeed quicker and/or more 'scenic' than the standard route?

Also, our current plan is leave Kissimmee/WDW at 8:00am on a weekday. Would this place us in heavy morning traffic along Rd 17....or on Rd 75 if we chose to go that way?

Thanks,

CP

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Another tiresome 'Orlando to Naples' drive-time question!

It should only take 3.5 hours on 4 west and 75 south without traffic. I know nothing of this other route. Leaving at 8 am WILL put you in traffic in Orlando on a weekday. You may be better off leaving a later. Maybe 10 when everyone is off to work already.

Drive safe and have a great time.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
19 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Another tiresome 'Orlando to Naples' drive-time question!

I've done this drive more times than I can count between going to Disney and my daughter going to UCF in Orlando. It takes us 3 hours to get from North Naples to the Walt Disney World Exit, 2 hours up on I-75 and 1 hour on I-4. I do drive about 80 so take that into consideration.

That's about the best way to go as any other way will take you on back roads with lots of traffic lights. It may be a shorter route miles ways, but it won't say any time at all. As far as scenic, not really.

I would leave around 9 instead of 8 as the rush hour will be over by then.

3. Re: Another tiresome 'Orlando to Naples' drive-time question!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 17:18