We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Beaches and Stay in Naples?

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
34 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Beaches and Stay in Naples?

First of all i am so confused about where to go! I initially booked a trip to South Beach Miami for 4.5 days and then down to key west for 6 days. Now we have accomodation booked at the end of our trip for south beach already but now we are debating whether or not we even want to go to the keys because apparently the beaches arnt that great....we cant stray far from miami for the 6 extra days because we dont have a car, so bascially we are taking the greyhound to wherever we decide to go. Our options are, key west still, islmaorada, marathon, naples, or marco island.

I have been researching a lot and am still clueless

:(

All we want is really nice beaches to relax on, some nice bars and restaurants for the evening, and maybe some fun activities during the day. Out of the above mentioned places, where would be our best bet? we may even do 3 nights in the keys and 3 in naples, who knows!!!

we also want something on the beach or at least a block from a nice public beach!

any ideas and suggestions will help!!

thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Beaches and Stay in Naples?

I've never been to the keys but I have heard that the beaches are not good at all. I'm a beach person. Naples has beautiful beaches.

The few hotels on the water would put you away from downtown Naples where most of the action is. Without a car you would pay a lot of money in taxis to get around. There are a few hotels that would put you within walking distance of the beach. Below is a post from last week with a list of hotels that are close enough to walk to the beach and and an easy walk to all the restaurants, pub, shops and galleries.

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g34467-i242-k24584…

Hope this helps!

PA
Level Contributor
1,906 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Beaches and Stay in Naples?

Why can't you rent a Car? I say rent a car and go north to Ft Lauderdale... FANTASTIC beach, bars, and restaurants.....

I think it's about 25-30 miles away......

3. Re: Beaches and Stay in Naples?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 August 2009, 18:19