We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ocean temperature in Naples

Ixtapa, Mexico
Level Contributor
732 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Ocean temperature in Naples

What is the ocean temperature in winter? Is it possible to swim.? Thank you

My own Reality
Level Contributor
39 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ocean temperature in Naples

I've been in Naples in both December and January before and have seen people swimming but it seems a bit too cold for me. I'm not sure of the temperature though.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ocean temperature in Naples

Currenty the water is at 70F which is a tad higher than usual for January. Still too cold for me to swim comfortably. By the end of February and into March it should be in the mid 70's.

rochester, ny
Level Contributor
114 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ocean temperature in Naples

Snowbird, you didn't give a month for your visit. At the moment it's a bit under 70, but was in the mid 70s just a couple of weeks ago. By the first week in March it should be mid 70s. I've copied a link below that gives conditions at Naples pier. YOu can also look back to temps last year at the time you will be travelling.

http://tidesandcurrents.noaa.gov/data_menu.shtml?stn=8725110%20Naples,%20FL&type=Meteorological+Observations

4. Re: Ocean temperature in Naples

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 00:20