We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Playa vs Ritz Carlton

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
e sussex
11 posts
Save Topic
La Playa vs Ritz Carlton

We are holidaying from England for 12 days at end August = we are 2 adults and son aged 15 and want a relaxing beach holiday in a nice hotel (we will do Miami and the Keys before ending in Naples). Both hotels look lovely - has anyone experienced both?

Thank you

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Playa vs Ritz Carlton

The Ritz is the best there is in Naples! Service is impeccable and the hotel is just gorgeous. You'd be hard pressed to find better. Also, you can get fabulous rates for that time of year.

LaPlaya is a very nice hotel but a bit more casual. If I had to chose I would the Ritz!

Boston
Level Contributor
233 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Playa vs Ritz Carlton

I was wondering the same thing and leaning towards the Ritz! I will be heading down in Sept with my husband. Thanks!

Naples, FL
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: La Playa vs Ritz Carlton

Both are beautiful properties but it really depends on your taste. The LaPlaya is very nice with a more casual feel, but still very upscale. The Ritz, as is common, is more formal and stately. If you prefer to dress up for the evening, the Ritz would be the better choice. If you want to be able to feel comfortable in sandals and shorts at all times, go with LaPlaya. Have Fun!

e sussex
11 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: La Playa vs Ritz Carlton

thanks for your comments - I think we will probably go for the Ritz (not that we're formal people more on the basis that if booking with Virgin there is great deal on the club rooms there at the moment

5. Re: La Playa vs Ritz Carlton

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 22:20