We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dress in Naples??

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ontario
1 post
Save Topic
Dress in Naples??

Going to Naples for two weks in March. What is the dress for women while shopping and going to dinner???

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dress in Naples??

Naples is fairly casual. I like to dress in sundress when I shop and and I wear dress pants or dresses in the evening when I dine. A lot of women where capri pants with cute sandles and a blouse. That is fne too.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
16 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dress in Naples??

The one thing that I will add is that everyone wears bright colors down here! If you're from a northern city it can be quite jarring, but feel free to get away from black, navy and gray and wear the tropical colors that are appropriate here!

Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dress in Naples??

I've always found Naples more formal than many other cities in Florida. I always wear a dress out to dinner (at least dress pants and nice top), my husband always wears dark jeans or khakis with a button down shirt for casual dinners and dress pants for more formal dinners. I even dress up my 4 year old. As for walking down 5th Ave on a Sat night, dress up--you'll never feel out of place.

4. Re: Dress in Naples??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 October 2009, 14:19