We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Book Stores in Naples

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester
Level Contributor
552 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Book Stores in Naples

Hi

Ive spotted there is a Barnes & Noble store in Naples....Yipppeeee

Its aprox 5 miles from where I'm staying so I expect I shall be paying it a visit ;)

Just wondering is there anywhere else around the 5th Avenue area that may sell UK magazines and/or Newspapers (sad i know but I like to catch up on the gossip whilst sunbathing)

Thanks

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,547 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Book Stores in Naples

Some of the supermarkets such as Publix sell UK newspapers and magazines, though they are generally a US version.

Magazines may have different content and the papers often have adverts relating to shops in the Orlando area (must be printed in the US).

Manchester
Level Contributor
552 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Book Stores in Naples

Thanks for that, I'd forgotten about Publix !

I think did get some reading material from there when I stayed in Cape Coral...

Cheers again for the reminder I'll have a look now to see where my nearest Publix is... !!!

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,547 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Book Stores in Naples

You're welcome.... There are several Publix stores in Naples. The nearest to 5th Ave would be the one at Naples Plaza (across the US41 from the Coastland Mall) I guess. We have bought papers such the the Mail from there. In the opposite direction there's one at Court House shadows. That's a few miles east of Tin City (just Past Airport-Pulling).

There's a store locator on the Publix website.

Hope you enjoy Naples....

Manchester
Level Contributor
552 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Book Stores in Naples

Cheers again, just out of interest do you know of anywhere near for a good breakfast - Bit sad there is no longer a Dennys in Naples - i love Dennys brekkie.

I think the best ones Ive read about are Skillets, Sunrise & Chrissys but map wise they seem to be a good few miles away - anywhere nearer you would recommend?

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,547 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Book Stores in Naples

We've usually had breakfast in our hotel and I'm struggling to think of anywhere. There are some coffee shops along 5th to try.

Google shows some results such as Susies Too and Sunburst cafe.

I've thought of another bookstall though - I seem to recall there's a newsagent's stand inside the Coastland mall that does UK newspapers and magazines - up near the foodcourt/Dillards I think. There is/was a good bookstore in the mall too.

Naples, FL
Level Contributor
89 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Book Stores in Naples

Our guests from the UK always seem to love to go to IHOP, International House of Pancakes at the corner of 5th Ave/Davis Blvd/East Tamiami Trail.

Nutley, New Jersey
Level Contributor
314 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Book Stores in Naples

Best breakfast is at The Trail on US Rte 41. Several First Watch restaurants are also good choices.

8. Re: Book Stores in Naples

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2009, 03:20