We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport to fly into for Naples

hamilton,ontario
Level Contributor
61 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Airport to fly into for Naples

Hi there what is the best airport to fly into to Naples? Also I am wondering from that Airport what is the distance to Naples.

Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport to fly into for Naples

Hi Dallleah,

The best airport to fly into for Naples is Regional Southwest Airport in Ft. Myers (RSW). It is about 30 minutes north of Naples. The only other closest airport is Ft. Lauderdale which is about 80 miles east of Naples, which is doable, but I would opt for RSW if there are available flights.

Hope this helps

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport to fly into for Naples

We have flown into Fort Myers Airport (RSW) it was great, took less time than any other airport we have flown into before, we cant get a flight this year so having to fly into Tampa. We have also done Miami never again!!....Laura

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,445 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport to fly into for Naples

The only reason we're flying into Tampa is because I got one of those crazy deals on Spirit for $18 round trip out of Atlantic City. I was also able to get a mid-size rental through Priceline for $12 a day. Knowing what I saved will make the ride down I-75 a lot easier to take. Then again, I just put 2,300 miles on a rental out in Utah/Arizona, so 160 miles will seem like it's around the corner :)

morris, ct
Level Contributor
215 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport to fly into for Naples

RSW/Ft. Myers is a really great small-ish airport. I've used miles to fly to MIA and gotten a ride to Naples. MIA isn't that bad. Did have a connecting flight a couple times to RSW, but due to summer afternoon storms flight was delayed. FLL and MIA are good options. It wouldn't work for you but fyi for others -- Direct Air from Worcester MA flies into Punta Gorda.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport to fly into for Naples

relayer - congrats on the Spirit and Priceline deals - two of my favorites...use them both frequently and love those prices/deals!

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,445 posts
390 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport to fly into for Naples

patti, I have only flown with Spirit one other time and that was several years ago. I see they charge for everything these days. I will not pay extra for an assigned seat. We will take our chances when arriving at the airport with the seating.

Scotland
Level Contributor
136 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport to fly into for Naples

Hey dallleah, we flew into Fort Myers airport last year enroute to Naples. We couldn't believe how quick and easy it was to get from the plane, to luggage, to car, to Naples!

I'd definetly recommend going this route if possible, and we'll hopefully be doing it again next time we're coming to Naples.

Naples, FL
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport to fly into for Naples

Ft. Myers airport (RSW) or Regional Southwest Intl. is the best choice. Worth the extra money for covenience and quality. First class airport with all the amenities.

ma
Level Contributor
126 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport to fly into for Naples

I have flown into Fort Myers and it was very easy. I have also flown into Fort Lauderdale(FLL) and drove across Alligator Alley to get to Naples. That was an easy drive. Fort Lauderdale is right off the highway. Got much cheaper rates to fly in there compared to Fort Myers.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport to fly into for Naples

Hi relayer -

I usually log into Spirit and check the seating availability during the week before my flight - if it is filling up and I am traveling with others and we want to sit together, then I will grab seats. If it looks like lots of seats still available, get to the airport early and get the seat without a charge. PS I just booked Spirit from Ft Lauderdale to St Thomas US Virgin Islands during their sale on Saturday - $11 each way - with taxes and fees it came to $81.50 round trip TOTAL :)