We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Rental west of US41 for October 2009

London
Level Contributor
454 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
Villa Rental west of US41 for October 2009

We LOVE Naples and have been every year for the past 7 years staying in different villa rentals in all parts of Naples. After staying in a gorgeous rental walking distance of Vanderbilt Beach last year we've decided that staying west of the 41 is the way to go. Have just tried to re-book last years rental to find that Resort Quest in Naples have gone out of business. Sob! So now I need to find a new villa rental company. Have previously used VRBO and Holiday-rentals and have checked out the rentals on here but was wondering if anyone else has any good websites or agencies they have used and would recommend please?

I'm going to be quite fussy as I'd like to be west of the US41 so we can walk or ride to the beach and I need 3 bedrooms, own pool and I'd really really really like a water or lake view. How fussy? I know... sorry... I have found two villas that meet my requirements on VRBO but want to shop around before I firm up a booking.

I cant wait to get back to Naples, it just gets better and better every year.

Thanks so much for your help

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Villa Rental west of US41 for October 2009

Hello,

Have you tried www.rentnaples.com?

Also try www.stayatnaplescay.com

Good luck and enjoy!

London
Level Contributor
454 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villa Rental west of US41 for October 2009

Thanks so much!

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villa Rental west of US41 for October 2009

Hi, can I ask where you ended up staying? We are looking at a Spring Break vacation w/ our family of three boys (6, 4, 11 months). We'll possibly be traveling w/ an identical family, so we are looking for either:

1) a large home on the beach or across the street from the beach w/ a pool. Should accommodate both families -- ideally, four or five bedrooms.

OR

2) two condos (two or three bedroom) near each other with pool in complex and on beach.

Have you stayed anywhere you would recommend which meets this criteria?

Kelly

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Villa Rental west of US41 for October 2009

Think as the post is quite a old one might be worth sending them a message to find out if they found anywhere....Laura

London
Level Contributor
454 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Villa Rental west of US41 for October 2009

Hello, we ended up staying here: http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/p90581 and it was amazing. Would thoroughly recommend it, you are welcome to email me to find out more! Am going to post this as a new message as well in case you dont see it here.

London
Level Contributor
454 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villa Rental west of US41 for October 2009

Ah ok I dont need to repost it's brought it up to the top of the page. This place was lovely, the views were incredibly and there were loads of pool toys, basketball, fishing rods etc to keep your boys happy. My son slept in the sofabed in the study/4th bedroom and it was perfectly comfortable. Lots of living space and plenty of bathrooms in the house. On the downside the kitchen was smaller than we expected but perfectly adequate. The views were just amazing, you could see dolphins in the bay. We hired bikes from the shop round the corner and enjoyed local rides and cycling to the beach. No hesitation in hiring, it was just perfect for our family and the owner was very accommodating. He took credit card payment which is a safety net in this economic climate. We've stayed in Naples staying in different houses/condos once or twice a year for the last 8 years and this was the best for location, views etc. I know of two condos in Falling Waters off Davis, superb resort style gated community with big lazy river pool, sun loungers etc but it was a good 15 minute drive to the beach so not necessarily what you are after. We spent a week in one and the owner said her mother owned a second condo there. The quality again was excellent. Have a great vacation

Chicago, IL
Level Contributor
8 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Villa Rental west of US41 for October 2009

Thanks for the tip! It looks like a great place. We'll see if it's open during a week we're also available... not much left at this point!

8. Re: Villa Rental west of US41 for October 2009

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 August 2010, 08:17