We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Start of Season?

ThePrissyOne
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Start of Season?

The BF and I come back again next month! I will fly to Key West and together, we will drive to Naples to meet BF's dad. We are coming to town 11/05. My question, silly as this may be, is...has season "officially" started at this point? Will there be a ton of people in town? Is it safe to assume that the dinner specials that have been posted for the last few months will cease? Just curious :)

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Start of Season?

Usually, I would say that most of the specials are gone by the middle of October. But with this economy, who knows?

The "season" is OFFICIALLY starting this year on Sunday, October 11, because that is when my husband and I are coming back to our home ! :)

Seriously,I think I once read in the Naples Daily News that the season officially starts on November 1 each year, but I welcome correction on that point. Although some folks are like me and start coming back in October, I have found that things generally don't start getting that crowded until mid-December. At least that has been my personal observation (based on time stuck in traffic and difficulty obtaining dinner reservations -- very scientific).

So glad you enjoyed your last visit to Naples. Is this an official "meet the parent" visit? If so, good luck ! In any event, the weather at the beginning of November is usually gorgeous.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Start of Season?

Hi Prissyone! Lucky you! You get to go back to Key West AND Naples! PrissyonesBF's dad must happy to get all these visits. It's a win/win for everybody!

Technically, season starts Thanksgiving week. That's when all the hotels will start to raise their rates, families start to visit from the north and the "snowbirds" come to get away from the cold!

I trully doubt it will be too crowded yet in Naples.

As far as the specials go, I wouldn't be surprised if a few of the restaurants are still having them at that time. The economy isn't really getting much better yet.

Enjoy your time in Naples!

ThePrissyOne
Level Contributor
25 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Start of Season?

Cranky, yes this is an introduction to the parents visit for us and a "buy furniture" visit for BF's dad and step-mom, lol. They are not residents of Naples (currently live in Ohio), nor are they snowbirds yet...they come down 3-4 times/year and rent out the condo. Our prior two visits were when they were not using the condo so Mama, BF's dad hasn't had the oppty to enjoy us (or not, lol) yet! I don't know if BF's dad knows about Cork's closing, it was one of his favorite places. I hope it will be warm enough to swim in the heated pool?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Start of Season?

Oh, I thought you met Dad already! Best of luck. I'm sure he'll love you!

The weather should still be in the mid 80's during the day in November. Bring a sweater in case of a cool evening.

Have fun!

Florida
14 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Start of Season?

Hello my Prissy One :) I'm sure Pops is getting as excited as you about the pending introduction.

Dad has a Condo and now a Villa too, so he is on his way to furnish the new place. The condo is a seasonal rental for him so he comes down 3-4 times a year to stay a week or so when it's not rented. The 'new" Villa is not going to be a rental. He and his wife are coming down to pick out furnishings for it. Prissy and I will drive up and spend a few days with them offering our advise on furnishings and such. (Shopping is alwasy more fun when someone else is paying, LOL) anyway I have three questions:

1 He recently parted ways with his property manger of 20 years that has been handling the rental for him. He has the condo rented to a friend for this season but is looking for a property manager or rental agent for next season. Can anyone recomend one? The Condo can only be rented out monthly.

2 Is anything going in where Corks was?

3 Any new and exciting bars or restrunants we should stop by?

Thanks,

Prissy's BF

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Start of Season?

Hello Prissyones BF,

How are you??

I cannot help you with regard to a rental agency or property manager but I would suggest you talk to some of the neighbors that also rent monthly and see if they are satisfied with their manager.

As for Corks, I haven't heard of anything going there just yet.

As for a new and exciting bar, Blue Martini in Mercato is getting rave reviews lately.

www.bluemartinilounge.com/eventsnaples.html

Enjoy your time in Naples!

7. Re: Start of Season?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 April 2010, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Naples