We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

thanksgiving

cheshire
Level Contributor
59 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
thanksgiving

Thanks for your advice we are coming on the 28th of nov and did"nt realise it was thanksgiving thought we would have no trouble getting a good rate at the hotels but not so sure now . Does everywhere close over the thanksgiving weekend ? Do i book now or when i arrive.

thanks.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: thanksgiving

Nothing will be closed except on Thanksgiving Day, which is Thursday the 26th (before you arrive). In fact, it's a great weekend to do some shopping, as the stores will all be stocked with their Christmas merchandise (and there are bound to be some sales).

As I said before, book something refundable and keep an eye out for better deals. Rates will not be at their peak during your trip, so you should be able to find something quite affordable. If you give folks an idea of the location you would like and your budget, I'm sure you will receive some helpful recommendations.

Rutherford NJ
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: thanksgiving

Thanksgiving Day USED to be absolutely dead all over the US, but now in the immediate gratification times we live in, some places are actually open on Thanksgiving. The rest of the weekend is CRAZY with the official start of the Christmas shopping season.

I would book whatever you really want to do as soon as you can so you will know what is available, but you won;t get too many hotel deals that weekend!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: thanksgiving

Actually, rates are quite reasonable at that time. Expedia is showing some great rates.

The Double Tree Inn ans Suites is asking between 80.00 and 99.00 USD per nightdepending on room size which is an awesome deal. Most rooms have beautiful views of the Cocohatchee River . Other good deals include the Naples Grande at an average of 143.00 per night USD.

Check it out and if you have any questions about hotels feel free to ask!

Good luck and enjoy!

Rutherford NJ
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,388 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: thanksgiving

Wow those are great rates.. ASSumed wrong! I thought since it was the "start" of the season they would take a price hike that week. I guess the economic gloom is still having an effect...duh! Should have realized!

What I don't get is how the airlines can gouge us so bad with these airfares I'm seeing particularly to Europe!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: thanksgiving

I was surprised at the rate too but I am ASSuming (LOL! my favorite Odd Couple episode) it's is because of the economy as well. Last season there were less vacationers in Naples and they have to do something to get them dowm there.

As for the airlines, I don't get it either. Fuel has gone down. The rates should be lower not higher!. And this baggage charge is just ridiculous! I'd rather the charge just be added to my ticket.

Texas
Level Contributor
100 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: thanksgiving

yes you are.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: thanksgiving

I beg your pardon Goldendeal, are you referring to me? If so, I am what? I do not understand your reply. Please explain. Perhaps I missed something.

Thank You,

Mama

Texas
Level Contributor
100 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: thanksgiving

Im sorry, that was not meant for you. Sincere apologies.

Texas
Level Contributor
100 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: thanksgiving

by the way, this might not have anything to do with travel but, You are an Incredibly Beautiful and Classy lady!

Just to keep this post "legal"

I agree those are great rates...; )

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: thanksgiving

Goldendeal,

Thank you for clarifying, and the compliment.