We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Restaurant -- Jolly Cricket

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
Save Topic
New Restaurant -- Jolly Cricket

The Jolly Cricket (Jane's Gastropub) has just opened on Fifth Avenue (where gorgeous Trilogy used to be). Menu looks good and it was filled with a lively crowd tonite. We didn't actually dine there, as we were enjoying the "Halloween Parade" from our sidewalk table at Vergina ($16.95 dinner special of choice of 2 salads, 3 entrees and lemon sorbet for dessert--waiter acted ignorant of special until I showed him our coupon). Cricket's menu looks reasonable and interesting with a some items with a British flair (www.thejollycricket.com). Jane already operates several restaurants in Naples.

If tonite was any indication, the "season" is getting underway. Full car carriers are unloading snowbirds' vehicles all over town. Fifth Avenue was as crowded and lively as ever, with bands playing, full restaurants and strollers of all ages enjoying the scene. Yes, there are still some vacant storefronts, but the overall atmosphere was definitely one of prosperity and festivity.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: New Restaurant -- Jolly Cricket

Forgot to mention that Jolly Cricket will have live music in the evenings.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: New Restaurant -- Jolly Cricket

Sounds great! I assume it's Jane of Jane's Cafe? She and Chrissy will be ruling the restaurants of Naples soon enough! Good for them!

As much as I hate the massive traffic during season, I'm glad to hear that people are patronizing the restaurants and season is underway. It will greatly help our economy!

Thanks for the update. Keep them coming! Oh, and Go YANKEES! They just won game 3. They're up 2-1!

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: New Restaurant -- Jolly Cricket

Mama --

Yes, it's the same Jane. Looks like the restaurant will also has a great selection of beers and cocktail.

And, of course, GO YANKEES !

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: New Restaurant -- Jolly Cricket

I looked at the beer and cocktail menu. Very nice indeed!

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: New Restaurant -- Jolly Cricket

Cant wait to have a look at the Menu if its got ENGLISH items on it, somewhere else to eat when we return, wonder what they are??? hopefully not pie and mash and liquor lol , i'll let you know what it is if your not sure........Laura

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: New Restaurant -- Jolly Cricket

Laura --

If you check the menu on the website by clicking on "dinner" and then "pub grub" you will see that they offer fish and chips, bangers and mash and shepherd's pie. Since I do not have enough expertise to distinguish between English and British food (or other foods throughout the UK), those were the only items I could vouch for as being English. I see that Scottish salmon is used in a couple of dishes, but I wouldn't think that makes them particularly English. So, you may be disappointed in the food offerings if looking for an extensive "taste of home", but overall Jane's restaurants have a reputation for good food. And while my knowledge of brew origins is equally limited, my instincts tell me that at least some of those at the Cricket might be recognized on your side of the pond.

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: New Restaurant -- Jolly Cricket

Just got new tinternet provider couldnt open that before, the cocktails look really good, not much choice for me being a vegi, might e mail them to ask if they can do me a vegi curry as we both love indian food...thanks for that ......laura

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: New Restaurant -- Jolly Cricket

Hi laura,

Jane's has a great reputation and I'm sure the cheff will be more than happy to accomodate any request as long as the ingredients are available. Actually, I would imagine most non chain restaurants will and should.

Hope all is well!

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: New Restaurant -- Jolly Cricket

Mama,

Yes everything is fine thank you, except for the good old english weather, its freezing, and lots of rain and thunder about, just sorting some holiday pics onto facebook so everyone can see a great naples sunset.......Laura

Canada
Level Contributor
86 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: New Restaurant -- Jolly Cricket

Had dinner at Jolly Cricket this weekend. Staff was VERY friendy and chef went out of his way to ensure that my child (who has severe food allergies) was able to dine and enjoy his pizza dinner. I tried the meatloaf--yes, meatloaf--and it was really very good. I haven't eaten meatloaf in, maybe 10 years but I think I may find myself a good recipe. Salads were great, too.