We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a church or chapel for wedding

Kentucky
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a church or chapel for wedding

Hello, I want to have a Naples destination wedding in 2010. My guest s will be staying at the Ritz Carlton. Is there someone out there that would recommend a church or chapel not too far from this? Thank you so much.

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a church or chapel for wedding

Have you considered a wedding at the Ritz?

And BTW - which Ritz? The one on the beach or the golf resort?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a church or chapel for wedding

Hi Debe82,

Congrats on your upcoming nuptials!

There are many churches within 1.5 to 3 miles from the Ritz. Is there a particular denomination you prefer? I know of two Catholic churches less than 2 miles one being north of Vanderbilt Beach Road on 111th St. (Immokalee Road) which is St. John's the Evangilist Catholic Church and south is St. Williams on Seagate (Pineridge Road). If you google the address to the Ritz using google maps, click on "search nearby" and put in churches and it will give you many churches to choose from.

Best Wishes!

Kentucky
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a church or chapel for wedding

Thank you for the replies. The guests will be staying at the Ritz on Vanderbilt Road.

Thank you for the info on the Catholic churches. I know they are beautiful. Do you have any suggestions other than the Catholic churches? It really doesn't matter about the denomination.

Thanks

Alabama
Level Contributor
1,940 posts
136 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a church or chapel for wedding

Mama - what kind of church is that beautiful white church on the corner of Seagate (Pine Ridge?) and Crayton???? To me that's the most picturesque church in Naples and I always have wanted to stop and take some pictures of it but never have.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a church or chapel for wedding

VeeBee, that's Naples United Church of Christ. Yes, it is quite beautiful. Debe, this is a very pretty church. It's about 3 miles away.

http://www.naplesucc.org

Other choices:

Covenant Presbyterian Church is just off Rt. 41 between Vanderbilt and Pineridge, 1.8 miles away.

http://www.covenantnaples.com/

North Naples United Methodist Church on Goodlette between Vanderbilt Beach Road and Pineridge, 1.5 miles away.

http://www.nnumc.org/index.php

Of all of these, Naples United Church of Naples would be my choice if I were to go non Catholic. This is a very beautiful Chuech in a nice neighborhood.

Hope this helps. Best wishes!

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Looking for a church or chapel for wedding

Debe --

Congratulations !

I assume you mean your guests are staying at the Ritz Carlton Beach Resort, not the Golf Resort? Both resorts are reached via Vanderbilt BEACH Road (although the Golf Resort has a "technical" address of Tiburon Drive). Make sure at least YOU know which one everyone is supposed to go to.

The Beach Resort is one of the loveliest wedding sites anywhere and they can create an incredible experience for you. Where are you planning to hold your reception? Since you are housing your guests at the Ritz, it would certainly be more convenient to have the ceremony and reception there. Of course, it is quite expensive -- but you already knew that. Check their website for pictures of the various facilities.

BTW, when in 2010 are you planning to get married? I ask because June-September is usually hot, humid and rainy (in the afternoon) in Southwest Florida. However, since it is "off-season", all hotel rates will be much less expensive than at other times of the year.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for a church or chapel for wedding

Thank you all for taking the time to answer my question.

The wedding is June 5. Memorial Day Weekend was booked at the motel and an earlier date wouldn't allow family with children and those teaching to attend because of school.

I'm going to call the churches you recommended and hope they will allow an outsider to have a wedding there.

Thanks again

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for a church or chapel for wedding

Hi Debe,

I'm sure if the date is available and you donate to the church you will have no problem. Just call ASAP. If that fails I'm sure you can hire a minister and have a beautiful outdoor or sunset wedding on the beach.

Yes, as cranky says weather can be a factor but as far as rain goes, it usally rains for an hour or less then stops.

Best wishes and let us know how it goes with the church.

Mama

9. Re: Looking for a church or chapel for wedding

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 May 2010, 06:17