We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Everglade City Seafood Festival

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
164 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Everglade City Seafood Festival

Anyone been to the festival in the past? It is worth the ride?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Everglade City Seafood Festival

Hey LINYNY,

If this is the same Seafood festival as the one that used to be at the Fairgrounds, and I believe it is, then it's OK, not great. The only way I would go is if I made a day of sightseeing out in that direction then ended my day by checking it out. Not worth going all the way there just for festival itself. Just my opinion.

Rutherford NJ
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Everglade City Seafood Festival

Aw cmon Mama, the Queens kid in me says it's not that far to get to Everglades City from Naples....go for it.

Its an easier drive to get there than it is to get to the city from Brookhaven!!!

LOL

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Everglade City Seafood Festival

Yes, you are correct that it's not a LONG drive but my point is, unless you're already going to be in that area, even the 45 minute drive, which is what it will take from say central Naples, isn't worth it! IMO, the seafood festival is worse than the Meadowlands Fair, and that's not good! Just my opinion!

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Everglade City Seafood Festival

My 2 cents --

I think it is worth going to ONCE just to pick up the local color . Not that many places left where it is socially desirable to wear a Confederate flag -- and the food is just about as tasteful. I found it very interesting to see another side of Florida -- and it gave me a good excuse to wear my Swamp Buggy Races T-shirt. So, think of it as a local Carnival and enjoy !

Rutherford NJ
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Everglade City Seafood Festival

LMAOOOOOOOOOOO...the Meadowlands Fatr is 10 minutes from my house and it SUX!!!!! Wouldn't be caught dead there!!!

EvergladesCity has the awesome stone crabs though!!!! Always worth the drive!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Everglade City Seafood Festival

I thought you'd appreciate what I said! Well, I never had the stone crabs at the seafood festival so maybe it's worth the drive for those alone.

Take care!

rochester, ny
Level Contributor
113 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Everglade City Seafood Festival

We went once a couple a years ago, and was not impressed. Everything is fried and virtually no local seafood. Big time crowds too. It is an event so if you like bumper to bumper traffic heading into Everglades City it might be ok. Be prepared and go early.

Never again for me!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Everglade City Seafood Festival

hokieday7 hit it right on the head! I'm getting agita just thinking of all the fried "stuff" they were selling! ick! And yes, no local seafood at all! That's a shame and not worth it for me either.

9. Re: Everglade City Seafood Festival

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 July 2010, 08:16