We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunday Brunch

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
19 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Sunday Brunch

I just discovered that my favorite Sunday brunch is no longer offered at the Ritz Carlton. Although some complained of the cost, it was always a delicious, elegant and fun outing. It seems that in a few short years the grand Sunday brunch buffet has become an endangered species in southwest Florida. It would be quite a disappointment if Naples can no longer offer the type of brunch that one can still find in Palm Beach or elsewhere on the east coast. I've called several hotels and restaurants, but can't seem to find a buffet style Sunday brunch. I would love to know if anyone knows of an option anywhere in southwest Florida. I would be willing to drive as far north as Venice and all the way down to Everglades City if need be. Thanks.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunday Brunch

Is there one at Baleen (LaPlaya)? There may be a regular breakfast brunch and a Sunday champagne brunch, so check carefully.

Of course, many of the private clubs offer Sunday brunches, but that's not much help.

By the way, the Bay House offers a very nice jazz brunch (but not a buffett) with pretty views of the river nature preserve.. Definitely recommend.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunday Brunch

Hey RegularGuyFrank,

The Ritz was my favorite Brunch of all time! I am sorry to hear it's gone! I thought it was well worth the money, just for the seafood and unlimited champagne alone! What a bummer! My sister will be disappointed since she wanted to have her 50th Birthday there.

HOWEVER, there is a light at the end of the buffet brunch of Naples tunnel!! I took a ride up to Angelina's Ristorante in Bonita the other day because I have heard wonderful things about it and wanted to check it out before I made any reservations. Imagine my surprise when I pulled up and there was a sign that read "Sunday Brunch". First, let me say that this restaurant is BEAUTIFUL! The decor is amazing and intimate and 100% class! Some of the booths are private with draperies along side and gorgeous chandeliers. Unfortunately, they are not available during brunch but I suspect I will be having dinner there too. So back to the brunch. I asked the hostess some details. It is a buffet, with unlimited champagne, mimosa's AND bloody mary's! The cost is $50.00 per person. The menu is on the website under "events". So, now we at least we have an elegant buffet brunch close by.

www.angelinasofbonitasprings.com/index.php…

While reading Florida Weekly on Friday there was an ad for Sunday Brunch at Heritage Bay Country Club. The ad states they are open to the public and the brunch was only 11.95!!! My husband gave them a call because I didn't think it would be buffet for that price but indeed it is. I'm assuming it's just breakfast food but for the price it may be worth it. I have been to Heritage Bay but only to the Tiki Bar so I cannot say how good the food is at the club but it may be worth a try.

golfheritagebay.com/sites/courses/view.asp…

Hope this helps your brunch blues!

3. Re: Sunday Brunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 19 January 2010, 20:35
Bonita Springs...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunday Brunch

Thanks so much for the kudos mama924! What lovely things to say, and I do hope you'll come back for dinner.

Why not bring your sister to my place for her 50th birthday? We'll celebrate in elegant style. Just let the hostess know it's that special occasion. I'm sure Chef Nick can create a birthday treat, and Maestro Kary can serenade her on his baby grand.

Ciao!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunday Brunch

Hi Angelina! That's the plan for now but I might not be able to wait until March for her 50th! May be there sooner. The restaurant is very lovely!

6. Re: Sunday Brunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 July 2010, 07:16