We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shallow water beach Child Friendley

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Bawtry, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Shallow water beach Child Friendley

Its me agai sorry for all the questions but the guild books I have purchased are almost out of date as soon as they are printed.

Which is the best beach around Naples for shallow water and paddling suitable for a toddler

Thanks in advance

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Shallow water beach Child Friendley

If the water is calm (which it usually is unless there is a storm) , almost any beach will suit your needs. I guess I have usually seen the most waves around the Naples Pier, so I would probably try Vanderbilt Beach or Lowdermilk Park. However, as at any body of water or swimming pooi you must remain right next to your child -- don't plant yourself up on the sand in a beach chair. I'm also a big fan of what we called "floaties" -- these are floatation devices that you can insert on the outside of specially designed swimsuits. It will buy you some time to retrieve your child should they slip away from you. Please be constantly vigilant -- do not get distracted or take our eyes off your child.

There is also a toddler-friendly water lagoon at the Naples Community Park.

Bawtry, United...
Level Contributor
386 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shallow water beach Child Friendley

Thank you for the answer and I can assure you my little girl will not be going anywhere without me or my husband right next to her. i just know she likes to hold hands and paddle her feet in the water which she isnt able to do in crashing waves

Thanks again. PS I know the floaties you mean and I hoping to pick some up whilst I am in Naples so any recommendations for places that sell them will be good i was thinking walmart etc

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Shallow water beach Child Friendley

There are Wal-Marts and Targets scattered about Naples that I am sure will have them. BTW, apologies if I sounded "preachy" or as if I were questioning your parenting skills (which I certainly wasn't). It's just the"over-protective Mom" in me . I know you and your family will have a wonderful time here.

4. Re: Shallow water beach Child Friendley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 February 2011, 07:23