We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Doubletree - Nearby

London, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
287 reviews
Save Topic
Doubletree - Nearby

Hi, was thinking of vistiting and looking at this hotel. I understand it's a bit remote, but wanted to get an idea of what that meant: is there any beaches or bars/restaurants in walking distance from there or is it a car/taxi to everything?

Thanks!

Brandon, Florida
Level Contributor
8,388 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Doubletree - Nearby

Past guests have posted their reviews for it on Trip Advisor as recently as this month.

Edited: 10 August 2010, 15:32
Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Doubletree - Nearby

Here is the link to reviews of the Doubletree

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34467-d224314-…

On that same page - in the right hand column - you will see an option to click on a map that says Map of Doubletree location - powered by Google - when you click on that map it will pop up and show the exact location - distance from the beach - surrounding restaurants and attractions. Hope that helps.

London, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Doubletree - Nearby

Thanks guys. I wasn't being lazy and I did check the (first four pages of) reviews, and did a forum search - should have said. I saw on there that Naples downtown is 10 miles away, and a few reviewers mentioned bars/restaurants being nearby, but what I wasn't too clear on was whether nearby was nearby in a car or just round the corner on foot, and was just interested in whether others who'd stayed there had found the kind of places that they liked "on the doorstep" as it were.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,719 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Doubletree - Nearby

You will be very close (a liittle over a mile) to the Shops at Mercato

http://www.mercatoshops.com/

Shopping, Dining, Movie Theater

There is a British Pub, Delicatessen, Capital Grill Steak House, McCormick & Schmick's Seafood, Yogurt Shop, and several others

London, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Doubletree - Nearby

Much appreciated Pattib!

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Doubletree - Nearby

Naples itself stretches for about 10 miles along the ocean. "Downtown" Naples is at the southern end and Estero is about 15 miles past the northern edge. Everything is quickly and easily accessible by car - which is why i do not recommend visiting Naples without one.

London, United...
Level Contributor
155 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Doubletree - Nearby

Thanks, noted. Will definitely have a car, but it's nice to be able to get out for a drink/dinner without having to worry about taking it easy because you have to drive home (Brit attitude - we plan our holidays round alcohol :-))

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Doubletree - Nearby

In my opinion, if you wanted to be within walking distance of restaurants, shops, beaches, pubs, etc., you are better off in the downtown/Old Naples area.

Bellasera, Trianon Naples, Lemon Tree Inn, Inn on Fifth, Bayfront Inn, Cove Inn. They are all walking distance to everything. Bellasera has condo style rooms and free shuttle to and from the beach as well as other areas around Naples so you wouldn't have to deal with driving if you don't want to.

Double Tree is nice but I personally wouldn't walk to Mercato as it is a good 2 miles according to Google Maps walking directions. Of course there are taxis and I don't think it would be too expensive to take one to Mercato from the Double Tree but I wouldn't take one downtown as that could easily run 30.00 USD one way!

Walking to the closest beach (Delnor Wiggins State Park) is about 2.5 miles.

Hope this helps!

Level Contributor
54 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Doubletree - Nearby

These are within walking distance from Doubletree that I have used:-

Pewter Mug - Food, drink and live music

Jacks Bait Shack - Food, drink and live music

Watermarke Grill

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
1,798 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Doubletree - Nearby

There is Charlie Chiang's right inside the Doubletree. Personally, I wouldn't fancy walking along that stretch of 41 -- use a car ,don't drink or stay somewhere else.

Get answers to your questions about Naples