We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Park Shore Dining

Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Level Contributor
1,904 posts
102 reviews
Save Topic
Park Shore Dining

Getting geared up for our April vacation in Naples, where we are renting the same beautiful pool home in Park Shore as last year. Last year you all helped us with some breakfast recommendations for the Park Shore area, which worked out very well. Thanks.

This year, I am looking for some help on restaurants in the area. We were a little hit or miss on our dining last year.

I am quite familiar with the restaurant scene in Olde Naples (and was just down visiting my parents last month), so really looking for some good suggestions that are in North Naples and as close to Park Shore as possible.

We like really good food (and don't mind paying for it) but we are casual people on vacation. (I get enough of high-end dining taking customers out in my sales job :-) We like sitting at a bar to eat, as much as a table. Last year we had a great meal sitting at Bricktop's bar. I would go back there.

We haven't tried anything at the Mercato yet, any thoughts on dining there? Some places we are thinking of are the Turtle Club (although Mr. jtwiz absolutely does not want to sit in the sand to eat), Alexander's and maybe Escargot 41.

The food at Brio was pretty good last year, but the service was screwy. I'm not a big chain restaurant eater anyway. We tried Flacco's, D'Amico, and Island Pub last year. Not sure we would go back to any of them - maybe D'Amico if we just wanted a short walk.

How is the Cibao Grill? That is about 2 blocks from our rental...

Thanks in advance for your help!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Park Shore Dining

Definitely try The Pub at Mercato. FIsh and Chips are awesome! Many great beers on tap too. The only other restaurant I've only eaten in at Mercato is McCormick and Schmicks and although it's a chain the food is consistently good and service great.

Have you looked into any of the restaurants in Venetian Village. Mire Mare is excellent but books up quick so ressies are necessary.

Enjoy your time in Naples!

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Park Shore Dining

Hi,

I second the Pub at Mercato, the service was excellent when we went, good place to relax and have a pint !!, sorry to hear you got bad service at Brio we have been a few times and its always been great, Bricktops is on our list for September ...Laura

London
Level Contributor
453 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Park Shore Dining

Hi Jtwiz we are following you back in April too - we stayed in Parkshore last year and you gave us loads of lovely recommendations so thank you. I think our rental was a few streets away from yours, not sure yet where we are staying this time but loved Parkshore area. Anyway, restaurants nearby for you, we walked down to Miramare at Village on Venetian and had a really wonderful meal there - the service was really attentive and the food superb. They had a deal for early dining that we took advantage of. I would highly recommend it and we will be going back next month for sure.

We also walked down to the pub also at Ventian - you can sit outside and dine on the water, great casual dining and lovely food. Nice for an easy no frills meal.

Turtle Clubs is one of my favourites and we go every year, we book for sunset and sit outside but on the concrete bit before the beach starts so it;s not sandy (tell your hubby he'll be fine!). I also like it for lunch as well.

Enjoy!

Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Level Contributor
1,904 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Park Shore Dining

Thanks for the recommendations! We will definitely give the Pub at the Mercato a try, it looks right up our alley. Mira Mare at Venetian Village also sounds good.

Coco, I'll let you know what we try...since you will also be there in April.

5. Re: Park Shore Dining

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2012, 06:17