We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vanderbilt Beach rental

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Monticello,IN
Level Contributor
76 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Vanderbilt Beach rental

We have rented a house in the Vanderbilt Beach area and were wondering if there are restaurants and shops within walking distance of that area. We don't mind walking a mile or two as long as there are sidewalks or not a real busy street to get there. thanks!

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vanderbilt Beach rental

Depending on where in Vanderbilt you rented you can walk to Da Ru Ma's and even as far Rt. 41 to Mercato where there are many restaurants and some small shops. There is a sidewalk along Vanderbilt Beach Road and crossing over 41 to Mercato is fine as long as you mind the traffic lights. Please do not try to cross over during a red light.

www.darumarestaurant.com/locations.html

http://www.mercatoshops.com/

Monticello,IN
Level Contributor
76 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vanderbilt Beach rental

We are staying on Heron Ave.. if you are familiar with that area. Hopefully that is close to Mercato. I had looked at the website and thought it looked like there were some nice restaurants there. We will have our small dogs with us so were looking for places with outdoor seating available. Thanks for your info.

Pt. Pleasant, NJ
Level Contributor
1,872 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vanderbilt Beach rental

I would say you are more likely to be biking distance as opposed to walking distance since Heron Ave is somewhat north of Vanderbilt Beach Rd. If your rental house does not have bikes, I would think about renting them. (Big Mama's Bike Rentals on Seagate Ave is a good, reliable option.)

I would say the Turtle Club is walking distance, but the Mercato would be a hike. Also out on Rte 41, not too terribly far from where you are renting is the Bay House. Probably about a 2 mile walk.

FYI. Google your rental address and then do a "search nearby" for restaurants, shops, etc.

Nutley, New Jersey
Level Contributor
314 posts
143 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vanderbilt Beach rental

You are probably within your walking distance to Randy's Fishmarket on Route 41 East.

5. Re: Vanderbilt Beach rental

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 22:17