We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

girls (in r 20s)weekend in naples. hotels close 2 nightlife?

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
46 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
girls (in r 20s)weekend in naples. hotels close 2 nightlife?

Please help! what hotels are close to nightlife in naples... we're from miami and we're getting away next weekend to relax, but we would like to go out at night

Thank you!

Edited: 25 August 2011, 20:43
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: girls (in r 20s)weekend in naples. hotels close 2 nightlife?

OK, nightlife in Naples is quite different than Miami, but I'm sure you know that. Fifth Avenue South and Third Street South (Downtown Naples) is where the majority of nightlife is. And by that I mean restaurants, bar/lounges and shops. If you want to stay in the heart of Downtown you can stay at the Inn on Fifth. Other options would be Bayfront Inn, Trianon Old Naples, Lemon Tree Inn (more budget but very nice and clean) or Bellasera (condo style rooms).

The beach is about a mile west. Bring lots of quarters for the meters because you need a resident beach sticker to park in non metered spots and you will get fined. Sometimes you can find street parking on the residential blocks but be careful, if you're the only car there then odds are it's a no parking zone.

For a lounge type atmosphere Cafe Lurcat is nice. Downstairs (street level) you can sit and just have drinks or eat from regular menu or a bar menu.

www.damico.com/frame.asp…

Yabba's is a Caribbean restaurant that has a DJ on weekends after 10 pm.

www.yabbaislandgrill.com/late_night.php

Tommy Bahama's On Third Street is always a fun time.

tommybahama.com/TBG/…Naples.jsp

In North Naples there is an outdoor area called Mercato with restaurants and shops. Blue Martini is a pretty popular nightlife spot. There are 2 locations in Miami so you may be familiar with it. And Pure Urban Oasis is very trendy.

bluemartinilounge.com/location/…12

http://www.pureurbanoasis.com/

If you have any questions about beach front lodging or anything else, feel free to ask.

Enjoy your weekend!

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
46 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: girls (in r 20s)weekend in naples. hotels close 2 nightlife?

Thank you so much!!

However, we want to stay on the beach.. Is the Waldarf a good option?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
3,040 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: girls (in r 20s)weekend in naples. hotels close 2 nightlife?

The Edgewater Hotel (The Waldorf) is nice. A lot of recent renovations but a small pool and outside bar. You won't be far from downtown but there isn't much if anything near the hotel. Another option on the beach in that area is Naples Beach Hotel. They opened a new pool area there that looks like it may be adult only, not sure though. The sunset bar is cool but I heard it was being renovated and don't know if it's complete. I would stay at Naples Beach Hotel before the Edgewater because it does have more action there.

naplesbeachhotel.com/dining/dining_entertain…

Another place I forgot to mention if you wanted a club atmosphere, Vision is very popular for the 20 something crowd.

http://visionnightclub.us/

Hope this helps!

Fort Myers, Florida
Level Contributor
3 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: girls (in r 20s)weekend in naples. hotels close 2 nightlife?

You're going to be rather hardpressed to find any real nightlife in Naples. If you want bars and nightclubs, you may want to head 30 mins up I-75 to downtown Fort Myers.

Unless shopping and people watching constitutes as "Naples Nightlife, " then it looks like Naples may want to reconsider it's nightlife activities as most of Naples shuts down at 10pm. I lived in Naples for 20 years before finally getting out and moving to Fort Myers. It's more urban, more middle class, and the folks in Fort Myers won't turn their nose up at you like they do in Naples.

That's just my personal opinion. Whether or not you made the trip to Naples for the weekend, I hope you had a good time (or have a good time).

Happy Travels!

Florida City...
Level Contributor
35 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: girls (in r 20s)weekend in naples. hotels close 2 nightlife?

If you're in your 20's I would recommend the Mercato Area - North Naples rather than downtown Naples. Yes, downtown Naples has life; however, it's not the 20's crowd like it used to be. If you do choose downtown Naples, you can find some fun at McCabe's Irish Bar or Paddy Murphys, The Wine Bar and maybe Yabba's. More action seems to be moving toward Blue Martini and the Mercato area or even some of the 20's go to Vision Nightclub - all on the North End. Season's 52 will no doubt be the newest hangout next week when it opens. Pelican Larry's is always a good, fun crowd for the 20's age group. You'll find The LaPlaya, The Ritz Carlton, or Naples Grande (shuttle) all on the beach side. Vanderbilt Beach on the North End seems to be the younger hang out in the day as does the Pier on the downtown side.

6. Re: girls (in r 20s)weekend in naples. hotels close 2 nightlife?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 October 2012, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Naples