We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Week in Naples

Union, Kentucky
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Topic
Week in Naples

I am in charge of planning our early October week long trip to Naples. Four adults staying in a house near Vanderbilt Beach with two rental cars. We will be golfing 2 or 3 times and spending some time on the beach. Anything we shouldn't miss while there? Some ideas I have so far are the bus tour of the city, airboat rides through the Everglades and maybe boat cruise to the Keys out of Ft. Myers. Any particular place we should rent water sports from? Is it worth heading to Marco Island? We are pretty much up for anything and any advice is very appreciated!!

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,278 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Week in Naples

We LOVE Marco Island and even though I like Naples, the two places are very different. Therefore, I would recommend taking a day trip to Marco to experience both areas. I would also highly recommend renting a boat for the day and exploring on your own. We used to do that and liked it so much, we decided to buy a boat of our own. We now bring it with us on every Marco vacation and can't get enough!!! Cruising the islands on your own terms is a blast . . . just be careful of low tide and shallow water!

UK
Level Contributor
593 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Week in Naples

If going to Marco for the day then lunch at Snook Inn is fabulous - or even better, arrive on your boat!

Union, Kentucky
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Week in Naples

Thank you for the input. Special thanks to MarcoMamma for all the info!! I've gone over the itinerary with everyone in my group and they gave me some things they wanted to do as well. So here is current plan:

1) Naples Trolley Tour

2) Golf at Tiburon Ritz Carlton

3) Shark Valley bike tour

4) Marco Island - eating at Snook Inn then taking sunset cruise with Cool Bean Cruises

5) Golf - not sure which course yet

This still leaves us plenty of time on the beach or around the pool at the house. We talked about going to the Keys but it seemed like too much driving for just a week stay.

Ipswich, United...
Destination Expert
for Malta
Level Contributor
4,697 posts
133 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Week in Naples

If you are up for anything talk to Jeff at Scuba Marco about some sort of trip? It's near Snook Inn.

http://www.scubamarco.com/

He will do a Discover Scuba trip for those not certified.

For the airboats head for Everglades City. There are also some along 41 towards Shark Valley. If you head that far take a look at Clyde Butchers Gallery.

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,278 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Week in Naples

You might want to ask on the Marco forum about Snook Inn before making a final decision. Everyone has their own tastes and certainly not everyone likes the same things as I, but many people (I am one) think of Snook Inn as overpriced with average food. A lot of people love it due to the scenery, but I don't think the atmosphere is justified when you consider the quality and price of the food . . . Just another opinion. It may look like a hole in the wall, but if you have the time to take a short drive to Goodland (10 minutes from Marco), Marker 8 has wonderful food at really good prices! I highly recommend having lunch or dinner there. They are on the water, so you could also boat there.

On another note, Shark Valley is a wonderful place to visit! I'm surprised it slipped my mind on my first response to your question!! We are in Marco twice a year and for several weeks in the summer and we NEVER skip Shark Valley!

6. Re: Week in Naples

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2013, 10:18