We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transport from Miami airport to Naples

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cheltenham, United...
14 posts
Save Topic
Transport from Miami airport to Naples

Any advise on the cheapest way to get from Miami airport to Naples Town ?

Much appreciated

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
642 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transport from Miami airport to Naples

My suggestion would be to pick up a hire car at MIA - rates in the US are ok right now and it's likely you'll need a care when in Naples. The dirve time is about 2.5 hours

Venice, Florida
Level Contributor
1,609 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transport from Miami airport to Naples

Or just rent a car at MIA and drop it off in Naples.

Cheltenham, United...
14 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Transport from Miami airport to Naples

Thank you. We have not booked flights yet & are now thinking about Fort Myers airport instead. We would rather not hire a car until we are settled for a few days. Any suggestions ?

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
642 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transport from Miami airport to Naples

From my experience Florida (other than Miami or perhaps Orlando) is quite difficult without a car - driving is not to bad, so don't be to worried about it.

Also if flying into Fort Myres not sure if you'd have to do a connection internally within USA - I'm not sure if any airlines fly direct from UK?

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,712 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transport from Miami airport to Naples

There is a shuttle service available

floridashuttletransportation.com/…

Blackpool, United...
Level Contributor
1,054 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transport from Miami airport to Naples

We always fly into Fort Myers, loads of connecting flights, this time we are flying from Manchester to Philadelphia, then to Fort Myers it's a great small airport, and then a short drive into Naples, we have flown in from Newark. We did do the Miami route never again!! Have heard they have changed the car pick up but prefer to Fly into Fort Myers. Depending upon where your staying a car is needed to see all of Naples.

Laura

Cheltenham, United...
14 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Transport from Miami airport to Naples

Thank you all.

I will check the shuttle service, although am really thinking about flying to fort Myers instead. It appears easier for us.

Many Thanks

Scotland
Level Contributor
3,617 posts
215 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transport from Miami airport to Naples

Last year we flew with Continental. We flew Edinburgh to Fort Lauderdale via Newark. On the way back we flew out of Fort Myers, via Newark to Edinburgh. I certainly agree that the small airports are so much nicer. The down side is it's more expensive!

Cheltenham, United...
14 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Transport from Miami airport to Naples

I have decided it is going to be Fort Myers. Do not want a car for the first week. Any shuttle services to Naples from Fort Myers ?

Thank you

Wisconsin
Destination Expert
for Marco Island
Level Contributor
1,238 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transport from Miami airport to Naples

Try Jack at: http://jacksairporttaxi.com/ He is great to work with, very reliable and pricing is fair.