We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port of the Islands - Sunset Caye

Illinois
Level Contributor
152 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Port of the Islands - Sunset Caye

Hi all.

Going to Naples/Ft. Myers in March to check out a condo to purchase as a vacation/winter home.

We are 40s no kids. Is this area too "old" (sorry) for us. The area sounds great for out door sports such as fishing and biking, kayking boating. But if the area is mostly a retirement community - it might not be the place for us.

Any opinions ? (good or bad) also any info on the distance to other "stuff" like restaurants and shopping?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Naples
Naples
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Fort Myers Beach
Fort Myers Beach
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Fifth Avenue South
Gift & Speciality Shops
Waterside Shops
Gift & Speciality Shops
Mercato
Gift & Speciality Shops
Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port of the Islands - Sunset Caye

We LOVE Port of the Islands, but we only go on vacation, so take that into consideration. It seems to be a good mix of ages in that area (we are in our 40's). You can pretty easily travel to Everglades City, Marco Island, or even Naples for dinner or shopping (not much in EC, though). We've talked about retiring there one day - it is a very peaceful place!:)

Mentioned in this post
Marco Island
Marco Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Naples
Naples
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Illinois
Level Contributor
152 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Port of the Islands - Sunset Caye

Marco Mamma - I sent you a message.

Thanks for your help

Mentioned in this post
Marco Island
Marco Island
Southwest Gulf Coast, FL
Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,501 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Port of the Islands - Sunset Caye

For some reason, I wasn't able to respond using my iPhone and we are on the road all day today. I will message you back tonight or tomorrow!:)

4. Re: Port of the Islands - Sunset Caye

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 February 2014, 06:17