We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Key West

paris,ar
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
Trip to Key West

Going to be in Naples the middle of September. What is the best way to get to Key West, someone suggested a boat trip or should we drive. I see pros and cons of both. Has anyone ever taken the trip by boat?

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
4,026 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Trip to Key West

FYI, I took the boat out of Marco Island (in season) to KW. I will drive the next time .... WHY? The boat trip and heat take a toll on the body.

I have a quesy stomach ... and Key West can be hot in the afternoon .... and my body felt abused by the short time to get back on the boat to return.

Alton, Illinois...
Level Contributor
88 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Trip to Key West

The Key West Express can be a rough ride at any time. Going down is usually better than coming back. I know several that have gotten sea sick on the way back. A 1 or 2 night stay is usually enough for most people. Even me and I'm a partier. The last group of friends went down on the Express in Feb. and it was a rough ride then too. Just an FYI. Enjoy your stay in SW FL this Fall. Shark Valley in the Everglades is a great place for alligator viewing too!

13. Re: Trip to Key West

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 July 2014, 05:18
Get answers to your questions about Naples