We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jellyfish in Naples?

Missouri
8 posts
Save Topic
Jellyfish in Naples?

We are visiting Naples at the end of July and are staying at The Naples Beach Hotel & Golf Club. I've been reading several articles on the jellyfish blooms in Naples right now. Does anyone have an update on the ocean swimming at or around the beach area of our hotel? Are there any other beaches nearby that we could drive to if we can't swim in the ocean at the beach of our hotel? Thanks!!

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
780 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Jellyfish in Naples?

The jelly fish problem isn't bad here in my opinion. Unfortunately there have been more stings of late so they're getting some publicity now. I was at the beach both yesterday and today. I didn't see one jelly fish nor did I see [or hear] anyone getting stung.

Missouri
8 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Jellyfish in Naples?

Thank you for the quick response! That's very good to know! I've seen a few hotel reviews over the past couple of weeks for our hotel we are staying at and several mention the jellyfish and overcrowding of the pool (due to jellyfish in ocean). Do you know if these blooms can come & go pretty quickly or once they are in that area, they stay for awhile? I've never really read up on this so it's all pretty new to me. Thanks again!

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,441 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jellyfish in Naples?

Just so you know, Marco Island is experiencing an influx of them right now. We have been going to Marco for 10 years and NEVER got stung until our trip in June. It is all over the Marco tripadvisor forum right now. I know you aren't staying in Marco, but it might be nice to know - although I LOVE Marco dearly, I wouldn't plan a day trip to the beach there right now from Naples!:)

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jellyfish in Naples?

I work here in Naples and have lived here my whole life. I doubt you'll have any serious problem with Jellyfish. Most of them are usually offshore and we don't get that many anyway. Doubt Crowds will be a problem in late July. Traffic is really light here right now in the offseason.

Have fun.

Missouri
8 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Jellyfish in Naples?

Thank you for the information!!

6. Re: Jellyfish in Naples?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 July 2014, 05:19
Get answers to your questions about Naples
Recent Conversations