We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shelling tours?

NJ
Level Contributor
56 posts
77 reviews
Save Topic
shelling tours?

We are staying in Naples and would like to do a shelling tour, but do not want to rent a charter. Can anyone recommend a good tour? thank you!

Finseeker Guided Adventures
Eco Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Kayaking & Canoeing
Naples Princess
Sightseeing Tours, Boat Tours
Trike Tours USA
Equipment Hire, City Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
113 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: shelling tours?

Whenever I see "shelling" I think of Sanibel and Captiva Islands. They are close, as the crow flies, but at least an hour's drive from downtown Naples. However, I did a little digging (pun intended), and found this website of a woman who runs a shell shop on nearby Marco Island: www.marco-island-florida.com/shell.htm. Naples Water Tours runs an Adventure Tour <http://www.napleswatertours.com/adventure_tours.php> which includes shelling amongst other activities. Here's a review of that Adventure Tour: tropical-adventure.com/travelguide/archives/…

In a recent poll by the Naples Daily News, Lovers Key was voted the second best shelling area after Sanibel Island. Lovers Key State Park lies between Bonita Springs and Fort Myers Beach on Estero Blvd. Here's a link for the park: floridastateparks.org/loverskey/default.cfm.

Hope this is what you were looking for.

NJ
Level Contributor
56 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shelling tours?

Thanks! The tour looks like alot of fun!

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
1,738 posts
119 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: shelling tours?

There is great shelling on Marco Island also - take a look at

www.marcoislandconcierge.com/shelling.htm

Get answers to your questions about Naples