We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Stone Crab Claws

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
26 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Stone Crab Claws

I will be down next week. Where can I find fresh Stone Crab Claws, other than at Pinchers and the chain restaurants? I know Stone Crab is expensive but I don't want to spend a fortune either. Recommendations please. Thank you!

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
4,107 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Stone Crab Claws

Truluck is high end .... don't think that chain restaurants have Stone crabs ... yes Pinchers does but I know of no other chain with them.

Go to Everglades City and buy them off the dock ... you save some money ... but good fun to see the stone crabs coming in off the boats.

UK
Destination Expert
for Florida
Level Contributor
48,738 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Stone Crab Claws

I normally buy them (and the mustard sauce to serve with) in Publix supermarket. It is the cheapest way to eat them, just bring them back to your place.

However, as late as last week I couldn't find them there yet as they hadn't been able to get supplies yet this season so I ate them at Pincher's then bought some from my closest Seafood market that had them (and they had them because they had their own boats).

Dayton, OH / Marco...
Destination Expert
for Marco Island, Everglades National Park, Goodland
Level Contributor
4,107 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Stone Crab Claws

Here is a Yelp search ... it had 64 restaurants .. many repeats in and around SW Florida.

http://www.yelp.com/search?find_desc=Stone+Crabs&find_loc=Naples%2C+FL#start=20

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
293 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Stone Crab Claws

Captain Kirk's Stone Crabs across from Cambier Park near 5th Avenue. On Saturdays, at the Vanderbilt Beach Farmer's Market-Bob's Seafood.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
293 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Stone Crab Claws

Sorry, meant to say Vanderbilt farmer's market ( Airport & Vanderbilt Beach Rd)

Minneapolis...
Level Contributor
26 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Stone Crab Claws

Great! Thanks for the info everyone!

7. Re: Stone Crab Claws

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 November 2014, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Naples