We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Groceries & Dress Attire

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
343 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Groceries & Dress Attire

We are busy planning and very excited about our first trip to Florida and will be in Naples for 3 days end of Feb. This is a two part question please. Prior to checking in at our hotel..... Inn on the Fifth we want to pick up some snacks, bottle water , fruit etc. and will be driving down from Homosassa FL. Where would you suggest we stop or is there a grocery store within walking distance ? Once we check in we prefer not to drive.

We will probably be dinning at mid price restaurants and wondering what the suggested dress attire to pack for a couple in their mid 50's never been to Florida. Thanks so much as we are so grateful for all your advice and assistance in helping us plan this wonderful trip..

Vero Beach, Florida
Destination Expert
for Vero Beach
Level Contributor
8,616 posts
144 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Groceries & Dress Attire

At mid price restaurants on the men's side, almost anything other than obnoxious t shirts. I doubt that there's any great need for dress shirts, except to go to cultural events.

Trader Joe's now has a store in Naples, far north of your hotel. There's a Fresh Market (upscale, based in North Carolina), too. There'll be a Publix within easy driving distance.

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,123 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Groceries & Dress Attire

Publix at 1981 Tamiami Trail North (41) or Wynn's 141 Tamiami Trail North. Publix is a supermarket and Wynns is a high end market, really fun to check out all the good stuff. You will want to take exit 105 from I-75 (Golden Gate Parkway). Go east on Golden Gate until it ends. Publix is in the shopping center at this intersection. Turn left and Wynns is just down the street. Continue on to 5th avenue to your hotel. There's also a CVS two blocks north of the hotel.

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
343 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Groceries & Dress Attire

Thank you both for your responses and for the details regarding the stores as I never heard of a Publix prior.

This forum is so helpful and much appreciated !

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
16 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Groceries & Dress Attire

Wynn's is definitely within walking distance of the Inn on Fifth, but on the way down stop at any Publix grocery store; it's a Florida institution.

You'll find at least thirty restaurants within walking distance. Dress casually but nicely. I often wear maxi dresses and sandals or white pants with a nice top. No sneakers or t-shirts, and Naples is status-conscious so break out the goods if you've got them.

Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
343 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Groceries & Dress Attire

Thanks for your comments ppconnell especially regarding what to pack. We leave this Sat. so need to start the process and the Maxi dress will make the cut after your post. From Naples we head over to Captiva which I understand is a bit more casual for dining so we must pack a bit of everything. Getting very excited and so looking forward to getting out of all this snow and cold weather.

6. Re: Groceries & Dress Attire

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 February 2015, 06:18
Get answers to your questions about Naples