We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ritz Naples or Ritz Amelia Island

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Baltimore, Maryland
Level Contributor
37 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Ritz Naples or Ritz Amelia Island

Hi--we are a couple in late 30's traveling with our one year old at the end of the month--this will be our first 4/5 night vacation with baby and we are looking for somewhere luxurious and relaxing (but easy on east coast). I was viewing the Ritz Naples vs Amelia Island and was curious about any recent experiences from other travelers. We will likely find a babysitter after we put her to sleep around 8:00 each night---

I did post this on the Florida forum but I think it is too big and got lost--

Thanks for any thoughts!

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
715 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ritz Naples or Ritz Amelia Island

We are obviously biased towards Naples and I'm not a 'traveler' as I live here, but I can tell you the rooms at the Ritz Carlton were just finished being remodeled. If you've never been I'd give it a shot. Very nice area here in Naples. With that being said I won't attempt to sell you on Naples. We like it nice and quiet here.

Saint Louis...
Level Contributor
15 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ritz Naples or Ritz Amelia Island

I just returned from the Ritz Ameila Island, and although beautiful, there is not much going on after 8 at the resort or the island! Beach is rustic and beautiful. Naples will have more going on and much more variety, the beach/water is beautiful and has more of a caribbean feel. Either way, can't go wrong at the Ritz!

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
36,378 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ritz Naples or Ritz Amelia Island

if you're looking to stay on the east coast of the state, then Amelia is your only option -- Naples is on the Gulf (west) coast of the state.

Other than that, I'd be hard-put to find two Ritz locations that could be any different from one another.

woodbridge,va
Level Contributor
569 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ritz Naples or Ritz Amelia Island

We actually took our son on his first beach vacation to Naples FL, as well. While we had stayed at the Ritz Carlton there before , we chose La Playa Resort. Here is why, the Ritz tends to attract a lot of conventions and while it is quite grand ,it is also very large and spread out, and not too ideal when toting a little baby back and forth. However, that being said ,they are really good with children and babies and will do things like warm bottles etc. La Playa,which is down the same street, is also luxurious ,but somewhat smaller and feels very tropical. There are a series of smaller pools which he enjoyed splashing in and they have beach and pool service so you can get drinks or small lunch brought out to you. I think the rooms and balconies are a bit larger too. We enjoyed strolling him around the 5th Ave shops as well and also enjoyed the Naples Zoo with him. Hope you have a great first trip whatever you decide.

5. Re: Ritz Naples or Ritz Amelia Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 May 2015, 05:16