We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Suitable for a family visit ?

Which Naples hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Goole, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Suitable for a family visit ?

Hi - We will be visiting Florida later this year for a relaxing beach holiday,looking for a suitable family resort for good beaches,dining and shopping. Will Naples suit our needs ? We are a family of 2 adults and 2 eleven year olds. Hope you can help.

Thanks

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Destination Expert
for Fort Myers Beach
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Suitable for a family visit ?

Try Ft. Myers Beach. Situated on the Gulf and Back Bay. Time Square area is walking distance shopping and restaurants galore. It is @900 block of Estero Blvd (which is a 2 lane road). When my Family came down with 11-12 year olds, we stayed at Holiday Court. Located across from the Pier/Time Square and on the back bay lagoon. The Kids had the Pool and docks to fish/crab, kayaks to paddle around and the Beach right across the street. Our waters are shallow so we would set up beach chairs/towels on the Beach and cross the street to jump in our pool and let the kids go back/forth. Close by is Edison, Silver Sands, Beacon Bed & Breakfast and Lighthouse, which has a Bar...Check out the reviews. ps I love Naples as an Adult.

Knoxville
Level Contributor
3,239 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Suitable for a family visit ?

Everyone is different and has different ideas of what would be enjoyable for a family vacation, but we definitely prefer Naples over Ft. Myers (our actual favorite is Marco Island, but it is too slow paced for many). The reason we aren't crazy about Ft. Myers is because when we have visited, it has always seemed like a spring break party town to us. I have heard this from others as well. TO ME (this is not meant to offend anyone), it has a lot of tacky shops and lots of people that aren't exactly "family friendly" milling about . . . Just definitely not our cup of tea! I have heard that there may be areas of Ft. Myers that are different, but I've never seen them.

Some people would think our vacations are boring, but we LOVE Marco Island! We spend our days on the beach or boating, go out to eat a lot, and explore the Everglades for fun. We don't do a lot of shopping, and that would definitely be better in and around Ft. Myers. This is just some information that MIGHT help you in deciding. The Gulf is BEAUTIFUL, so I think you will at least enjoy yourselves, no matter what you decide!:)

Goole, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Suitable for a family visit ?

Thanks for the replies.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Suitable for a family visit ?

Naples is perfect. Rent bikes with tag alongside and go to beautiful 5th Avenue and Third Street. There are some fab shops and dining experiences for all ages. At the pub at Venetian Village your children can feed the fish in the bay while you dine...which is fun for them. Saturday morning boating with shelling for children, chocolate tours of. 5th for children, the Golisano Childrens Museum...Our zoo is awsome, ride a camel...feed giraffes, take a boat ride around monkey island!

5. Re: Suitable for a family visit ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 July 2015, 05:15