We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help choosing an Italian restaurant

United States
Level Contributor
129 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Need help choosing an Italian restaurant

There are so many to pick from that I can't choose. We want 1 a little less expensive and casual.

We will eat at 2 of the following but which 2. What do you like and why? This is for next week.

D'Amico and Sons

Cafe Luna

Alberto's on 5th

Pazzo

L'Angolo

Vergina

Caffe Dell'Amore

Sophia's

Any others I should try over these? If so, why?

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
283 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help choosing an Italian restaurant

I have been to L'angolo when it was called Rosspomodorro (same owners and some of the same menu items). I enjoyed the food there. Parmesan Pete's has been highly recommended to me by friends who have been there many times. This is in North Naples at Airport & Vanderbilt near Agave and Stonewood Grill. Looks like a nice little place when I have passed by.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
22 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help choosing an Italian restaurant

Vergina has decent food with outdoor dining right on 5th Avenue. Have fun!

ma
Level Contributor
126 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help choosing an Italian restaurant

Campiello's is very good. In Old Naples on 3rd st.

Naples, Florida
Destination Expert
for Anguilla
Level Contributor
2,942 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help choosing an Italian restaurant

D'Amico -- same food basically as Campiello, much cheaper and more informal. Love Parmesan Pete's, as well.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
725 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help choosing an Italian restaurant

Where are you staying? If downtown you won't want to drink and drive to Damico and vice versa to Bice. Location location location. Tell us more. Maybe you don't drink. Collier County Cops have new black dui cop cars (suv's) you can't see at night.

Edited: 05 June 2014, 00:45
United States
Level Contributor
129 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help choosing an Italian restaurant

We are staying at la playa. We will have to drive. We drink but one of us will only have a glass of wine.

Naples, Florida
Level Contributor
725 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Need help choosing an Italian restaurant

D'Amico & Sons will be closest to La Playa. It's decent but I think Campiello's is far superior to it. It's not even close in my opinion. Cafe Luna, to me, is a tourist trap and I wouldn't eat there. Bice on 5th is high end and very good. Go down to 5th and do Bice or Campiello's. You won't be disappointed with either.

United States
Level Contributor
129 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Need help choosing an Italian restaurant

What is the dress code at Campiello's or Bice?

Indiana
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Need help choosing an Italian restaurant

Any of the places named are casual. People will be dressed for summer weather in Florida. You can dress up a bit in the evenings, but there is no dress code.

Edited: 06 June 2014, 11:58
10. Re: Need help choosing an Italian restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 June 2015, 05:16