We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1st stay at Navarre Beach

Which Navarre hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
1st stay at Navarre Beach

It'll be our first beach vacation since staying in Destin a few years ago. Wanted something a little less congested this time, though we had wonderful time before.

Very few restaurants near Navarre, or so it seems. Reviews are mixed, so I'm thinking of branching out a bit for dinner on a couple of evenings. Most meals will be taken in the condo. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Also, we'll have quite the crowd this time, with my wife and I, our daughter and husband, three children, 8, 5, and 6 months. Thinking about our beach set up, and wondering how best to prepare for the crowd. I don't really want a tent that will obstruct the views for others, and the condo (Pearl) doesn't seem to provide what we'll need. I don't believe we'll being renting beach chairs and umbrellas, since I feel good about getting good use out of any purchase we might make.

I have until July to get my planning and purchasing done, so any online links to quality "stuff" would be helpful.

In sincere appreciation,

Dawgcentral

Mississippi
Level Contributor
1,530 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1st stay at Navarre Beach

I guess what I'm really asking is, just how much lateral room will there be along the line of beach setups in front of The Pearl. I don't have a problem getting out early to get my things in place, but will there be plenty of space along the front line for those of us who want to use our own equipment and accessories? Are there arrangements made with rental outfits that would override my preferred location?

I'm considering the purchase of 1 or 2 low profile beach chair shelters, and would like to set them up side by side, and would enjoy an unobstructed view if possible. Just considering the social norms and guidelines in these situations, and would like to know what is acceptable.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Dawgcentral.

2. Re: 1st stay at Navarre Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2012, 06:19
Get answers to your questions about Navarre
Recent Conversations