We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Foul Loud Rap Music on Flagler Avenue

Which New Smyrna Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
2 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
Foul Loud Rap Music on Flagler Avenue

No police presence in New Smyrna Beach. We were assaulted on the main road, Flagler Avenue, at 5:30 pm on a Friday night by the Rap Song, "My D@@ck" being played in an apartment above restaurant by drunk white young men who were leering out their window with this vulgar song playing while families with young children walked by. The city and the men should be ashamed . Be ware that this is not a family environment.

New Smyrna Beach...
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Foul Loud Rap Music on Flagler Avenue

It helps to report these things when they happen. That makes a much more significant difference than posting about it on this forum. Even visitors have a duty to contribute the positive experiences they wish for themselves and others to enjoy.

Level Contributor
2 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Foul Loud Rap Music on Flagler Avenue

It was apparent from the zero reaction from the local businesses that this behavior is routine.

If I had a business that was located under or next to these vile and souless young men, I would have had a police officer addressing this to protect my business.

The "downtown" area is very small and would be easily policed if it were a priority.

My past experience with reporting such behaviour that is known to hundreds of people has been that it is a waste of my time.

My responsibility was to my family whom I removed from this situation as soon as possible.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
8,545 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Foul Loud Rap Music on Flagler Avenue

Maybe a complaint to the local tourist office might help if they, in turn, went to the authorities about it.

Fort Myers, FL
Level Contributor
353 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Foul Loud Rap Music on Flagler Avenue

That's too bad. Unfortunately, one is forced to listen to some horrific lyrics blasting out of cars and windows all over.

I agree that perhaps you should have placed a call to the police yourself (after removing your kids from the area). I am sorry you had a poor experience. I do believe that New Smyrna is a wonderful town that's very family friendly and think this was an isolated incident.

5. Re: Foul Loud Rap Music on Flagler Avenue

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 July 2013, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about New Smyrna Beach