We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tips for a short visit August 2013

Which New Smyrna Beach hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Boston...
Level Contributor
4,630 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Tips for a short visit August 2013

Thinking of visiting NSB for a few days after a family trip to Disney next August. It would just be me and my boyfriend.

I have lots of questions.

First off, what is up with this driving on the beach? Never been to a beach with cars driving on it, and I do not find the idea very appealing.

Are the non- driving sections as nice as the driving ones? I read that Smyrna Dunes park was very nice, but it seems to be in the driving area. Could someone please explain the different areas of the beach to me and recommend an area.

Next, I need recs for places to stay for maybe just 3 nights. Would like oceanfront and not too expensive but not old and dumpy either. Reading reviews has just confused me. We don't need a spa, tennis courts etc. Just a nice room with a good view. And on non driving section.

I have searched this forum but still have no clue.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

St. Charles, MO
Level Contributor
6 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
31. Re: Tips for a short visit August 2013

If you go south of 28th St. I think it is, there are a plethora of condos with no driving on the beach! I have been going to New Smyrna Beach for 27 years and it is my MUST HAVE vacation every year. I go other places too, but this little laid back community is so wonderful. This is ABSOLUTELY the best walking beach I have ever been on too! The sand isn't quite as white as the Gulf, but almost. And so smooth and packed and easy on the feet. I am an AVID boogie boarder. I have seen sharks in the water, but honestly the attacks you are hearing about are all north of there at the Inlet by Dunes Park. That is where all the surfers go because there is always high surf there. The attacks are mostly a case of mistaken identity - surfers paddling out look like a fish from underneath. I don't wish to post this info here, but if you want to contact me at rhondawitch!@aol.com, I can put you in touch with a great place to stay right on the beach.

32. Re: Tips for a short visit August 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 March 2014, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about New Smyrna Beach