We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Atlantic Plaza on New Smyrna Beach

Jonesborough, TN...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Atlantic Plaza on New Smyrna Beach

Hello,

I am going to book a room in a couple of days and was wanting to get some information about:

Atlantic Plaza

425 S. Atlantic Avenue

New Smyrna Beach

Any information will be greatly appreciated!

re:

anyone stayed there recently?

is the beach clean?

construction / restoration?

is it a good place for a family?

Thank You,

Mark

East Coast
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Atlantic Plaza on New Smyrna Beach

Hi, we recently stayed at the Atlantic Plaza (end of April, 2006), and have stayed there in the past (2004).

New Smyrna Beach is a great place for a family to stay - it feels safe, it's very clean.

The beach is great - expansive and very clean.

Our condo unit (beach front, fourth floor) was great - clean and tidy; furnishings seemed to be new or nearly new.

Our family agreed that we will definitely stay at the Atlantic Plaza again and would highly recommend it to you!

Jan

Missouri
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Atlantic Plaza on New Smyrna Beach

HanMar.............how was your stay at Atlantic Plaza?

We have stayed there in previous years, and sorry I did not get back to you in time before your trip to respond.

We enjoyed our stay so much last year, we booked again for this July.

How was your stay, the beach, and etc?

Ottawa, Ontario
Level Contributor
1,382 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Atlantic Plaza on New Smyrna Beach

Bump, I would also like to know about HanMar's experience at the Atlantic Plaza and in New Smyrna Beach,

Pibb,

Jonesborough, TN...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Atlantic Plaza on New Smyrna Beach

Hello moonntide & mr_pibb,

The Atlantic Plaza was great!

The staff is very nice and helpful with any needs and guided us to some great restaurants.

The rooms are very spacious with two bathrooms, the master bedroom and the living room both have access to the ocean front patio.

A full kitchen and dining area topped it off.

The pool was great also, it was never over crowded and just steps to the wonderful clean beach.

We got to see dolphins every day from the pool, patio and beach as they would swim by, a great place for a vacation.

Atlantic Plaza is within 2 blocks of Flagler Avenue where there are several shops including surf shops and boutiques.

Some advice on restaurants:

Just a few minutes walk up the beach to Flagler Avenue is a little place that you have to try out, "Heavenly Barbecue"

with the best service and atmosphere and the best prices we found the entire trip. They have a smokehouse out back they use to smoke the pork or beef whichever you prefer.

JB's is great, fresh seafood, not the best of service but priced moderately and excellent food.

Chases on the beach was terrible! They were overpriced / understaffed / and the food did not compare to JB's at all.

So to sum up the week, Atlantic Plaza is a great place to stay.

The beach in New Smyrna is very clean and I recommend it highly.

Don't go to Chases on the beach to eat, you will regret it.

Please do try out Heavenly Barbecue, they are super nice and have great food.

One more comment on the Atlantic Plaza staff:

We left a couple of items behind and called them about a hundred miles up the road to tell them, no problem at all / they mailed the items right out and we received them in perfect condition.

Any more questions I will be glad to answer, hope you have a great stay in July moonntide, let me know how your stay was as well.

Mark

Missouri
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Atlantic Plaza on New Smyrna Beach

Hi HanMar - happy to hear your stay at Atl. Plaza was great.

That is good news. Yes, they stafff there are truly wonderfull folks.

We are taking our Granddaughter ths year and they have been most helpfull regarding, guiding us to a rental facility, to rent a baby-bed and highchair.

I agree, previous stays the pool has never been overcrowded.

Always clean as well. That is again, so important to a re-book.

I can't say enough about the place.

DO YOU SEE THE DOLPHINS SWIM PAST FREQUENTLY OR WAS THERE A CERTAIN TIME OF THE DAY.....PERHAPS EARLY MORNING? Would love to see them.

We also ate at JB's fishcamp and went back for seconds. My husband and I loved the FR.Fried Shrimp. Ate outside, but had good service both times. We'll definately go back this July.

Up on Flagler, where you ate BBQ, there is a great Italian restaurant that serves up a great pizza..........when you go back.

Breakers (closer to beachside) is up there as well.....has great hamburgers.........but we ran into some floozy pouring herself all over her boyfriend in the restaurant. Management s/h put a stop to that ....but they didn't. So, we wont' go back there !!! that was CHEAP and in-excusable on their behalf.....We took our food to go.

Nice chatting...............glad you enjoyed Atlantic Plaza

Jonesborough, TN...
Level Contributor
3 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Atlantic Plaza on New Smyrna Beach

DO YOU SEE THE DOLPHINS SWIM PAST FREQUENTLY OR WAS THERE A CERTAIN TIME OF THE DAY.....PERHAPS EARLY MORNING? Would love to see them.

Hello moonntide,

You will see the dolphins mostly in the early morning hours when the ocean is calm, I did see them at all times of the day during calm waters though.

Early in the day we would see them in several groups of 4 & 5 dolphins when during the later part of the day I would usually see just one group at a time.

When we go back we will definitely try the pizza place up by Flagler.....I could tell by looking at Breakers it wasn't for us, I just had that feeling < : ]

Hope you have a safe and enjoyable trip!

mark

7. Re: Atlantic Plaza on New Smyrna Beach

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 20:16
Get answers to your questions about New Smyrna Beach