We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sea Villas

Maidenhead, England
Level Contributor
5 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Sea Villas

Hi - we are a British family - thinking of booking at Sea Vilas (as an exchange for our Tenerife appartment) over the New Year. Can anyone advise - how long does it actually take to drive to Disney (some sites say 2 hours - others only 1 hour), how much is there to do locally for kids - we have a 3 year old and a six year old, how lively will New Year be - do you guys have big celebrations over there?

Any advise on what to do - see - go to - gratefully accepted !!

Thanks

GA USA
Level Contributor
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sea Villas

Hi ! We just bought here at Sea Villas and went for the 1st time the 1st week of June and LOVED it ! 2nd unit in from oceanfront but able to see pool and ocean from patio. Nicely decorated, kind of small, but all the beach ones seem to be. CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN ! There is only the pool with the kiddie pool inside it and the beach. But it is SOOO easy to get to both ! WE have a 3 and 1.5 year old, so it was great to just step outside and be there and easy to go back to the unit for snacks, naps, and diaper changes :-) They run all day and were out by 6-7 pm, they were so tired from all the fresh air and swimming ! Personel was great, FAST checkin, I mean I was in and out in 2 minutes ! There is a queen bed in the master bedroom with a HUGE walkin shower in that bath. 2nd bedroom has 2 twins,with a TV and a tub/shower bath in hall. Kitchen had plenty of cooking things we needed for 6. Table for 4 with 2 stools at the counter. Pull out queen sofa. TV in living room with VCR, no DVD. Laundry is in 1 of the lwoer units. Walmart,KMart and local shops close by. I would stay in Orlando, which is 1 hour away if you want excitement for New Years. If the weather is cold, and no a beach time, there isn't anything else at this resort to do ;-( I wish they did have at least a playground, but our week is a great beach week ! Hope this helps ! Email if you want pictures. We also own at Liki Tiki in Orlando and you would LOVE it there with little ones ! PLENTY to do ! Kiddie pool, water park, mini golf, boat rides, tennis,basketball, etc

Mary from GA

Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sea Villas

UK-Janet: Well, you got a pretty good review of Sea Villas. I have never stayed there, but it does look nice---they had to renovate extensively from the damages of the 2004 hurricanes. They are within walking distance of Chase's, an oceanfront restaurant and an easy walk or very short drive of 2 grocery stores (Food Lion & Publix) and many other shops and restaurants. Walmart & KMart are apx. 4 miles. The beach is a beautiful, wide, white sand beach that is perfect not only for sunning, but also bike riding (New Smyrna Beach is a very bicycle-freindly town), kite flying, surfing, boogie boarding, skim boarding, etc.. Once you get your 2 little ones on this beach, they probably won't want to come in at all! As far as getting to Disney, I have been able to drive there in one hour only once. Given the huge amount of traffic in the Orlando area, you normally should be able to get to the attractions within 1.5 hours, but it could take as long as 2 if there are any major problems. Celebrating New Year's in NSB is mostly of the home-grown variety. Although illegal, there will no doubt be lots of impromtu fireworks displays all along the beach-lots of fun to watch with the sea, dark sky and moon as a backdrop. If you want something less laid-back, then Disney, Universal and Sea World all have nighttime celebrations plus all the hordes of people--Christmas and New Year's are the BUSIEST times there--I personally avoid the crowds. NSB has a new water taxi service that will take you up the Intracoastal to Ponce Inlet where there are restaurants, the tallest lighthouse in Florida (the view from the top is worth the hike up the spiral staircase!!) and the Marine Science Center where there are usually sea turtles on the mend--a great day trip for $8 per person, $4 for children, round-trip! Hope you enjoy your stay!

HAMILTON ON.
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Sea Villas

Janet, We are also from across the Pond live in Canada now.Have owned 2 shares at N.S.B. for 10yrs.great place to go.We had one New Year there and it was very good Played Golf on New Years Eve in shorts,no kids so we had a great time in the bars at night no cover charge and plenty entertainment.Kids will love the beach,getting to Orlando is easy 1-11/2 hrs,Daytona is well worth it too 30mins.45mins to Cape Canaveral you might be lucky to see a Lift off..Enjoy.

Jim and Jacquie

4. Re: Sea Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 21:19
Get answers to your questions about New Smyrna Beach