We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

jensens captiva

new jersey
7 posts
Save Topic
jensens captiva

I have booked 5 nights at Jensens at South Beach on the gulf in May. Can anyone tell me if they have stayed and is it near the water. Also is it walking distance to shops and most importantly Starbucks? Thank you for your time

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: jensens captiva

You'll be closer to Latte Da coffee shop on Andy Rosse Lane, but I guess if you really wanted too you could walk to Starbucks - which is across from the entrance to SSR and at the opposite side of the village. I think the shortest rout would be along the beach to last public parking spot and then walk up Captiva Dr till you reach Chadwick Square where Starbusck's is. It will be a longish walk. You can also walk along Captiva Dr, but it will go east then north then back sort of west again to hit Chadwick Square, so it will be a bit longer. If you won't have a car and like walking, you'll enjoy it. You can also try renting a gold cart at YOLO Andy Rosse Lane. They're expensive but you can get around the village area quickly and easily. SSR runs a trolley at the moment, but you have to have a special wrist band to board so you won't be able to use it - and it may well stop running in the village area by then.

All the other shops are on Andy Rosse Lane or very near it. Restaurants too. Nearest food markets are down on Sanibel about 10 miles away from the village, so if you're planning to do without a car, be sure and have your place well provisioned for your arrival. I stay on Captiva a lot and would never be without a car.

Haven't stayed at Jensen's, but those who have say the places look like the pictures. The South and North suites are on the beach with unobstructed views of the sunset. The building is the one nearest the road where Captiva Drive turns sharply to the bay side of the island and the South unit is the one nearest the road. We had a member stay in the Penthouse there, which is upstairs, and they loved it.

East Windsor, New...
Level Contributor
443 posts
115 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: jensens captiva

My husband and I stayed at Jensens and we loved it. We were in the penthouse. It was close to the road but not much trafficc. It is right directly on the beach and it is beautiful. It is clean, clean, clean. The sunsets from your balcony are really nice and you do not have to go out to see the sunset. The owners of Jensens are warm and friendly. Across the street (you can walk) is there Marina if you want fishing poles, to rent a boat, etc. We ate at the Green Flash which was in walking distance and it was good. Also on Rosse Lane there are several restaurants that are good.

Hope you have a great stay. We would definitely go back if we went back to Captiva.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
1,393 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: jensens captiva

One of the fun things to on Captiva is the Nascrab races at Tween Waters Inn. From Jensen's on the Gulf it's just a short walk down the beach. Be aware the late races can get "R rated".

The Jensen's are stallwarts of Island life. Just hanging out at jensen's marina is a treat. Also, a great spot to see manatees. They tend to hang out at the docks.

15-20 minute walk to Starbucks :( . Maybe rent a bike.

Bests, Glenn

4. Re: jensens captiva

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 07:18