We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JuPeter or Captiva Cove input

North Canton, Ohio
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
JuPeter or Captiva Cove input

Any comments regarding these 2 properties? JuPeter is across from the library on Chapin. Captiva Cove is about a mile south at the bend in Captiva Dr across the street from the beach. Both look to have been remodeled recently. How quiet is the Chapin area? How is traffic in front of Captiva Cove?

Thanks in advance for the information.

Missouri
Level Contributor
765 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: JuPeter or Captiva Cove input

The Chapin area is very quiet. The traffic in front of Captiva Cove will be busy by Captiva standards since it is on Captiva Drive - the only road in/out of Captiva. I would give the edge to Ju Peter because it is both close to the beach and within easy walking distance to the restaurants and shops in the village area.

Edited: 22 December 2010, 14:05
North Canton, Ohio
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: JuPeter or Captiva Cove input

Well, we stayed in JuPeter. Not what I would call a "luxury home," but it was a nice place. Brand new to the rental market having been purchased and redecorated summer 2010 and put into rental market last fall. The house had a game room that the kids loved, and the place was very roomy. Well-equipped kitchen with tons of pots and pans, flatware, utensils, glassware, and small appliances. Mocrowave was a bit small, and the laundry dryer did not perform well, but those were not big deals. Nice big pool with spa and nice patio. The only real concern in the future for our family would be the white dining room chairs and light carpet with small kids. But the carpet was a Berber that did not show the dirt, and any food (or even a spilled glass of red wine) on the chairs or carpet came up easily with spot remover. I think the carpet may have a protectant on it.

Pool heater was broken when we arrived, but Royal Shell let us use the pool right across the street until it was fixed. Overall, Royal Shell's service both before and after the sale were absolutely fantastic. I will for sure use them again.

You were right about the Chapin Drive area on the south end of the village. Really quiet even though we were there during Christmas week. Good beach access right by library. Not the most private place I have ever been since it is in a tightly-packed neighborhood, but I expected that. That south village area including Chapin, Wiles, Gore and Murmond is really the bomb. It is quiet but super close to the village. For beach access, the northwest corner is best (unless you are already beach front) as that is where the path is that goes to the beach. The beach was a bit crowded a short way north of us, probably due to Sunset Captiva, but the beach in front of and around the path was pretty quiet. Although further south towards the Tween waters area was even better. We rented a golf cart that made it really easy and fast to run up to Andy Rosse Lane where most of the action is. But it was easily walked as well.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,016 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: JuPeter or Captiva Cove input

Thank you!

We have rented from Royal Shell as well, they always do a great job and take care of their customers.

4. Re: JuPeter or Captiva Cove input

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 July 2011, 07:36