We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset Captiva 27

M K
South Dakota
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Sunset Captiva 27

Just wondering if anyone has stayed at Sunset Captiva 27? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!!

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset Captiva 27

Never stayed there, but judging by the photos, not updated (not new baths, etc) but well kept. That's true of many of the Sunset Captiva homes. Wish I could help. Ask Royal SHell for honest evaluation.

A no longer functioning agency used to rate their units bronze, silver, gold, platinum, etc. It made decisions so much easier. Ask them what rating they'd put on that unit. My guess, silver.

M K
South Dakota
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset Captiva 27

Thats what I was thinking also! We already booked it because we were in a bind finding something to accomadate us. I just care about it being clean, don't care to much about updates! I just read a post about 28 having pool toys and what not, was wondering if 27 had that also! Thanks for your help!

United States
Level Contributor
7,015 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset Captiva 27

Even if a unit had pool/beach toys when someone else stayed there, they could be gone by the time you are there. We leave ours every year, and they have always been gone when we have returned to the same unit the next year. Same is true of beach chairs, umbrellas, etc. That's why we don't buy anything like that until we see what is there.

M K
South Dakota
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset Captiva 27

Thanks for the info! Can you buy beach toys for kids somewhere on Captiva or Sanibel?

Miami
Level Contributor
162 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset Captiva 27

Doesn't look like it has internet access, either. I got caught on that one year for a unit at Sunset Captiva, much to my surprise and dismay. When I asked, the Royal Shell staffer told me the owners aren't required to provide internet access although RS strongly recommends it.

On both the Royal Shell and another online rental site, there is no mention of internet access which is a good indicator there ain't any. If that is important to you, I'd suggest a call to check on that.

NB: you can get a free library membership at the Captiva library which is very close, and use their computers or their WiFi. There is also a Starbucks on Captiva. However in this day and age, not providing internet access is pretty inexcusable and I personally won't rent a unit without it again.

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunset Captiva 27

Yes, right in the village there's a shop on Captiva Dr just past Andy Rosse Lane on the left as head toward South Seas. They sell floats, those 'noodle' things, boogies boards, etc. In the same row of stores as the Sunshine Seafood Cafe (usually has decent, expensive, food).

I have to agree on the wi-fi thing. That's an issue for me too.

M K
South Dakota
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Sunset Captiva 27

Thanks all for your replies! I do know about the wifi, but It does not bother me! I'm not the kind of person that needs to be connected. Call me old fashioned I guess. Looking very forward to our vacation, can't wait to explore what Captiva and Sanibel have to offer! We are not going until the first week in March, but getting excited! 6 degrees here today, I'm ready for some warmth!

Leawood, Kansas
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Sunset Captiva 27

Hi, I too am considering renting #27 - did you get all your questions answered. You comfortable with your decision? Thanks

M K
South Dakota
Level Contributor
10 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Sunset Captiva 27

Chuck, I'm already locked in. We will be there from February 28th-March 7th. We are going at an odd time, thursday to thursday so we locked in on basically what we could get! I'm sure it will be okay, but I did notice from pictures, that others are more updated! Good luck and I will give a review when I get back!

10. Re: Sunset Captiva 27

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 January 2014, 07:16