We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nicest beach rental in Captiva?

Which Captiva Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
249 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Nicest beach rental in Captiva?

I wanted to find the nicest beach rental on the island for two people. Does anyone have any good suggestions? Jensens beach house looks quite nice on the Internet but I am not familiar with the area.

Missouri
Level Contributor
750 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nicest beach rental in Captiva?

We rented Jensen's beach house several years ago and enjoyed it. It's a great location and an easy walk by road or beach to the village area. The only thing I didn't like about it was that if the condos next to it are rented you can hear the people talking on the screened in porches and it doesn't feel as private as some places. We stay at Sunset Too these days. Its 3 or 4 houses up the beach from Jensens but we like it better. Another option is Sol Mate Too. It doesn't sit directly on the beach - its sits right behind Sol Mate and Sunset Too - but has a partial gulf view and deeded access to the beach down a 50 foot path.

Edited: 13 March 2013, 01:23
Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nicest beach rental in Captiva?

Tween Waters Inn has some really nice cottages, across Captiva Drive, but gulf front.

http://tween-waters.com/accommodations.php#

The Bakery
Level Contributor
9,526 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nicest beach rental in Captiva?

You could also consider Sunset Captiva #6 or 7. Both have been updated and are 'beachy' style units - stand alone houses in a community with a pool, tennis courts, and barbecue grills. #7 is at the end of the row and next to it is a bit of land and then Chapel by the Sea, a seasonal non-denominational chapel. Behind it sit #8 and then the community pool.

Well out of the village, along Captiva's Golden Mile is the Side-By-Side Guest house that rents separate from the main house

royalshell.com/vrmgr/caphome/DetailPage/85/S…

It's close to Blind Pass and the 3 restaurants and a small convenience store and around 2 miles to Captiva village. Very private unless the main house has a big family in it.

There is also Coquina Cottage down at Blind Pass first place over the bridge. It's actually 2 studios, one downstairs, one up, so you'd need to rent the whole place for privacy, but the price is VERY high. You'd be better off renting one of the other places already mentioned.

our-captiva-rental.com/coquina-captiva-vacat…

There is also Captiva Cove House or Stafford Cottage if you want a private pool

royalshell.com/vrmgr/…Captiva-Cove-House

www.captiva-island.com/amrc/stafford.htm

I hesitate to mention Beach Daisy. It is technically beachfront, but has no view and sits next to a very popular public beach access point, but is a nicely renovated cottage.

www.captiva-island.com/amrc/beachdaisy.htm

The same folks rent Sunset Too that Corona mentioned. Stafford, Beach Daisy and Sunset are all in the village. Captiva Cove House is across the street from the beach on the Tween Waters stretch south of the village and north of the Golden Mile.

The other options would be up on South Seas Resort, but still private rentals.

Austin, Texas
Level Contributor
249 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nicest beach rental in Captiva?

Thank you so much! Very helpful!

Rye, New Hampshire
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Nicest beach rental in Captiva?

Hi - I just read your information on rentals in Captiva. We are renting Beach Daisy for a week at the end of April. I was concerned about the public parking and beach access so close to the cottage but was told it would be very quiet this time of year. You seem very knowledgeable - would you agree that this is a quieter time of year? We really are looking for R&R....... I could tell by photos that the view might be obscured by foliage - but thought the walking access to the beach would be really nice to have. Again, any thoughts or comments would be appreciated. Regards, Carrie

Chevy Chase...
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Nicest beach rental in Captiva?

I would say Captiva Shores--away from the crowds but a short walk to town--and a wonderful gulf to bay property with an uncrowded pool and private dock. Kingfisher Vacations has several nice cottages (3BR and 2BR) and are a locally owned and operated company with years of experience on the islands.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nicest beach rental in Captiva?

@carrie, That's a nice private rental area at Beach Daisy, it's far enough down from the public parking lot that people don't walk that far from the entrance to the beach. Beach Daisy is right next to Laika Lane which tends to be pretty quiet, you might just find that you have a really nice piece of beach all to yourself there! You can easily walk to all the restaurants and shops in the village from the house. If you are a coffee drinker, Starbucks is really close to you, right past the post office in the little plaza!

United States
Level Contributor
6,057 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nicest beach rental in Captiva?

This is the second thread conversation today in which I'm commenting a little late, so don't know if it is too late for the original poster. Sorry about that if it is. Someone just mentioned Captiva Shores and Kingfisher rentals. Royal Shell and American Realty (AMRC) have quite a few rentals in Captiva Shores too. Also, you didn't say what your budget was, but Captiva Beach Villas, next to Captiva Shores, are very upscale and much nicer, although cost more too. Units A, C, and D are rented by Royal Shell. D unit has a master bathroom to die for. They might be big for 2 people, but you said you were looking for nice. And you can watch the sunset from your living room window if you want.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nicest beach rental in Captiva?

@doughnut, have you stayed in the Beach Villas? I have had my eye on them for a few years!

United States
Level Contributor
6,057 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nicest beach rental in Captiva?

Bean, yes! Our family used to rent all four of them together, then B was sold and did not rent it out. I saw, based on a very first post from 804phil above, who may work for Kingfisher, that they have B now. The condos are great! The one downside is the pool. It is somewhat noseeum troubled. There is a catch basin of some kind behind the pool. The water catch basin is next to Captiva Cove condos and behind Captiva Beach villas. Water can sit there and attract bugs. Of course no one else ever complained but me! I am a magnet for noseeums. Condos are really nicely decorated and were re-done several years back. Well, I guess after Charley. They could use a screened in balcony on the gulf side. One has been built for B. Screened lanais are all on the sides or back of the condos. Great location for multiple families vacationing together.