We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crab Races at Crow's Nest

Which Captiva Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Jersey Shore, New...
Level Contributor
209 posts
148 reviews
Save Topic
Crab Races at Crow's Nest

Hi again everyone,

I've read good and bad about this place and the crab races. Can anyone recommend it or should we keep our distance. The crab races sound like fun for the kids. Do they start at 6 PM sharp with the races or is that just when the festivities begin? I'm okay if the food isn't 5 star (or 4 star or 3 star), I just want the kids (6 and 3) to have fun (they are mac and cheese eaters anyway). Thanks again.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
21. Re: Crab Races at Crow's Nest

The crab races are in the Crow's Nest Restaurant. You do not have to eat there to participate. The show starts at 6 and lasts about 1 1/2 hours.

The Crow's Nest is a bar atmosphere, just making sure you know. They just revamped the menu, so not just typical bar food is served. Depending on what time of year you go, it can get a little crowded. I'd plan to go a little early, grab a table and order dinner. That way, no crabby kids during the races.

22. Re: Crab Races at Crow's Nest

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 November 2014, 05:17