We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tiki huts and cool pool area

Which Captiva Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
75 posts
42 reviews
Save Topic
Tiki huts and cool pool area

am looking to rent somewhere for a week in June. It can be house, condo, or motel. I'm looking for something with a tropical nice looking pool area. Also want it to have a tiki bar at pool or at least walking distance to a tiki bar/restaurant on beach. Please help.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tiki huts and cool pool area

There are only two hotel type accommodations on the Island. Tween Waters Inn or South Seas Resort.

Tween Waters Inn has that tiki bar at the pool, Oasis.

South Seas Resort has a poolside bar as well as a beach bar located on Sunset Beach. Firewater at Harbourside Grille at South Seas has a very cool tiki vibe to it too. You need to be a guest of either of these places to access the pool and pool bar.

There is only one restaurant that is actually beachfront on Captiva, The Mucky Duck, it's more of a pub type place with a few tables outside the property for drinks and appetizers, there is no service outside, but you can order from the bar and eat outside. No music or anything happening here except for the front row seats to the spectacular sunsets.

The Key Lime Bistro and RC Otters both located on Andy Rosse Lane in the village are a great place to grab a drink and listen to some music at night, however, no pool, no beach.

For private rental homes look at Royal Shell Vacations and AMRCaptiva. Both rental agencies have an excellent reputation and list the majority of the homes and condos available for rent on the Island. South Seas Resort also has a ton of condos and other accommodation options, check their website for your dates of stay.

Captiva Island overall has a real tropical feel to it. The Island is very lush with vegetation. Most private home pool areas will be surrounded buy trees and plants, you might even find a lime tree!

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tiki huts and cool pool area

"surrounded BY trees" !

Level Contributor
75 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tiki huts and cool pool area

Could you tell me if the beach is crowded during the summer? Also how is the sand here? Is it full of shells or soft? Sorry but I have never been to this area.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tiki huts and cool pool area

No the beach is not crowded at all. Take a look at my photos on my profile to see beach shots of Captiva.

We visit in the summer because there are less people! The beaches on Captiva have all been newly renourished with sand from well off shore. They are wide and gorgeous. While there are shells, the sand is still soft there.

Please don't apologize, ask all the questions you want, we are happy to help you!

5. Re: Tiki huts and cool pool area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 January 2015, 06:18