We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

House rental/Captiva

Which Captiva Island hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Nashua, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
House rental/Captiva

Hi! This will be my families first time visiting Captiva-there will be six of us and we are looking for a house rental that is close to the beach as well as the village. Things we are looking for in a rental- pool, at least 3 bedrooms. In our group there will be some young adults so being close to restaurants/bars would be nice. Also there is a toddler in our group so close to the beach would be great-- and the others in our group are 40's-60's. overall we are looking for a peaceful tropical relaxing vacation! :) would love a rental with a tropical feel! Any suggestions? Thanks!

Nashua, New...
Level Contributor
18 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: House rental/Captiva

Thank you!

The preliminary rental list-

Sunny Days (beautiful- but yes, might be too big)

Sagres

Casa Blanca Del Sol

Sea of Green

Island Girl (looks close to beach?)

A Shore Thing (close to beach)

Dolphin House

Sun Moon House

Sunset Captiva

VRBO Rental #1927 (lots of great reviews)

Captiva Breeze

Leapin Lizard

Such a touch decision- really want to be near a less crowded part of the beach (for the toddler) but want to be near the shops/restaurants for the 20somethings in our group. Love tropical foliage, porches/deck/etc and a great pool! Either way I know we will have a great time!!!! Just have to finalize plans. I want to thank everyone for the great advice! Keep it coming! :)

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: House rental/Captiva

The island doesn't have a great deal of inventory, while the Island has many private homes, many of those are not in the rental market. Three bedroom private pool homes are harder to come by, three bedroom private homes in the village and on the gulf side are even harder to find! if you have your eye on a rental that was suggested, I'd book it soon to avoid someone else snatching it up for your dates!

The two websites that I linked above list the majority of homes available. Many of those are also cross referenced on VRBO and HOME AWAY.

S L
Marion, Indiana
1 post
Save Reply
13. Re: House rental/Captiva

We have been to Captiva several times and have always stayed at Millertime Villa (owner last name is Miller). It is a 3 bedroom private ground level (no stairs for the little one) home with a beautiful pool and outdoor area. The outdoor patio and pool are enclosed and I really like that there is a gate that can be closed to separate the outdoor patio from the pool. We can enjoy dining and hanging out outside without the worry that our toddler can get to the pool. The home is very clean and comfortable with a very tropical feel. The beach is very close and not busy since there are only homes around and maybe 2-3 minute walk. Captiva village where the Restuarants are are also within walking distance. We would walk up the beach in the evening during sunset and then go up the lane to get ice cream and walk back down the street to the home. For us the house is perfect!

kingfishervacations.net/rentals/…

14. Re: House rental/Captiva

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guidelines with regards to the participation of business representatives.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 February 2014, 15:55
15. Re: House rental/Captiva

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2015, 05:20