We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it cooler than normal in Capitva island?(coming April 20)

Muskego, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
89 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is it cooler than normal in Capitva island?(coming April 20)

I'm probably just a worrier...but I've been watching the Captiva Island forecast the last few weeks...and looking at current 10 day forecast. Highs "only" mid to upper 70's. Albeit this is much warmer than where I currently am (Wisconsin), I was/am really looking forward to mid 80's. My research appeared to show that was the expected normal high around the 3rd week of April!

I know nobody currently knows what the weather will be like Apr 20 :) But I'm just wondering if its been a little cooler with a little more rain than normal. Or do the forecasts/temps listed on weather.com not tell the whole story. I know when my wife and go to Cancun, the forecast frequently shows rain, but that doesn't mean it will.

Ft.Myers Beach,FL
Level Contributor
3,333 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is it cooler than normal in Capitva island?(coming April 20)

Easter week is foretasted to be picture perfect, high in low 80's and cool at night 60's.

Missouri
Level Contributor
755 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Is it cooler than normal in Capitva island?(coming April 20)

Here's my take.........unless you're planning on canceling forget about what the temperature may or may not be. Even if its the same temperature as Wisconsin the last time I looked Wisconsin doesn't have a beach on the gulf. Seriously, you'll drive yourself nuts looking at the Weather Channel every day. Mid to upper 70's is plenty warm. Keep in mind the sun is more directly overhead when you get that far south and that makes a big difference.

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,007 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is it cooler than normal in Capitva island?(coming April 20)

Ditto. You are going to come either way, relax. The weather will most likely be fine and you'll be happy.

Miami
Level Contributor
162 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is it cooler than normal in Capitva island?(coming April 20)

I live in Florida and have to say that the weather is PERFECT right now! Seriously, the past few days every time I am outside I literally think that it's a million dollar day.

Cooler down here is usually associated with our minor version of 'cold' fronts which also means drier air. For anyone from up north, believe me that is a Good Thing. It means the air is crystal clear, the sky is so blue you almost can't believe it's real and the temperature is at a level that just feels so darn good it's hard to believe.

I keep reminding myself to remember these days in the full summer glory that is Florida, ie temps AND humidity in the 90s range!

5. Re: Is it cooler than normal in Capitva island?(coming April 20)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 April 2015, 06:16