We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunset 12, beach daisy, or by the sea ?

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
21 reviews
Save Topic
Sunset 12, beach daisy, or by the sea ?

Girls trip this fall, these are my choices so far. We want two bedroom, two bath and on the beach or very close. Doesn't have to be fancy, just clean and comfortable.

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
1,492 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sunset 12, beach daisy, or by the sea ?

You need a house?

Captiva Island...
Level Contributor
5,259 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sunset 12, beach daisy, or by the sea ?

Beach Daisy is the closest, though it is beach front, it doesn't have a beach view. You have to walk through some tall vegetation to get to the beach. It's pretty old school in terms of furnishings and design. It's directly beside the public beach parking at the end of Captiva Drive and directly across from the employee housing at SSR. It's also right next to the Post Office. A lot of variables that you might want to consider, though in the fall, you may not notice anything around you.

Sunset 12 is directly across from the pool at Captiva Sunset, beach access is just a short walk, I haven't been in number 12, only walked past it.

By the Sea is about the same distance from the beach as Sunset 12. It's a few up from the beach path at the Cemetery. I love this place, it's pretty new to the rental market. So many places to lounge on the extensive porches! Furthest from the Village area of the three you are interested in, but still a short walk.

Another one to consider is The Cottage on Laika Lane, really cute place at a really great rate. It's really close to the beach access, I think it's only 2 or 3 in from the beach. Very private and very lush with vegetation. We checked it out along with By the Sea last trip for a future rental. AMRC has the listing.

Captiva Hampton on Wightman is another cute place, owners purchased and completely redid it a few years ago. It's about halfway down Whitman on the left, not as close as The Cottage would be, but still a nice private lane. Royal shell has the listing.

AMRC also has an apartment behind Sol Mates, an Ocean front home, two homes South of the Cemetery. It's called Sol Mates 2 and is literally a few steps to the sand. Recently redone, though definitely not a fancy place.

United States
Level Contributor
6,585 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sunset 12, beach daisy, or by the sea ?

Okay, sunny, I'm jealous. I'm going to San Francisco next month, and that place is just too expensive for the November trip to Sanibel that we were going to take.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
2,161 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sunset 12, beach daisy, or by the sea ?

Oh Sunny....you might as well just move there :)

Hope you find something nice and have a wonderful time !

Hell, Michigan
Level Contributor
6,006 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sunset 12, beach daisy, or by the sea ?

Thanks!!

Bean, great advice as always. My trip is booked!! Can't wait! Well, I can, cause that would mean winter is approaching...

Miami
Level Contributor
162 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sunset 12, beach daisy, or by the sea ?

I haven't stayed there but Sunset Captiva 12 looks a bit tired in the photos. I have always thought 13 looked a lot nicer. And if you are interested in Sunset Captiva, and it's available you might check out unit17. It has been redecorated within the past few years and is quite heavily booked which is a good sign.

Also, Kap-tiki is a 2/2 that is very close to the beach on Wightman lane. I think it's only 4 or so houses in; we stayed next door one year and it's a very nice looking property, at least from the outside. I think it has also been remodeled within the past few years. If you want a pool, there isn't one here but you do have a community pool available very close to your unit at Sunset Captiva.

7. Re: Sunset 12, beach daisy, or by the sea ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 14 August 2014, 22:51
8. Re: Sunset 12, beach daisy, or by the sea ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2015, 05:17