We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What to do/Where to eat/Beaches near?

Toronto
Level Contributor
15 posts
Save Topic
What to do/Where to eat/Beaches near?

I'll be staying near North Port with relatives who are on a mission to get healed at a mineral springs that is nearby.

What beaches are nearby?

What else is there to do around there?

What are some good places to eat?

Has anyone heard of this mineral springs? Is it for real?

Townsend MA
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: What to do/Where to eat/Beaches near?

Mineral springs is for real although I've never been there. It is on Rt. 41 in North Port, about 2 miles from the River Road intersection.

You could go to Venice Beach. You can eat at Sharkey's which is right on the beach. They have an outdoor patio. It's really nice.

There are also nice beaches in Englewood.

A good place to eat (doesn't look like much from outside) is Family Table Restaurant which is also on 41 about 2 miles up from Warm Mineral Springs heading away from Venice. We ate there 4 times in 3 days and enjoyed. We also ate at the Olde World Restaurant which my husband thought was okay but I didn't care for it. If you get a chance go shopping at Bealls which is pronunced Bells. Have Fun

Northport Florida
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: What to do/Where to eat/Beaches near?

nearest beach is venice. approx 8 miles north on 41. but the best beach around is siesta key in sarasota and if your on vacation you might as well take the ride there. it is only 20 minutes on the interstate and well worth the trip. it has a village with all kinds of shops there and the dining is the best .mineral springs is real. its actually called warm mineral springs. almost a town in itself. it is known to heal. but have you ever smelled warm springs before. how fond are you of egg salad? not much to do in northport but it is close enough to sarasota to get your money's worth.

3. Re: What to do/Where to eat/Beaches near?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2009, 08:25
Get answers to your questions about North Port