We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Silver Springs River trips

West Drayton...
Level Contributor
117 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Silver Springs River trips

Does anyone remember boats trips that were run from a private co. that travelled across the lake, down the canal, including the huge lock, down towards Silver Springs.

It was a day trip in a boat for up to 6 people and lasted from 08.30 to approx 17.00 one of the people in charge was called TED.

Thes trips did not involve glass bottomed boats, rather small craft that could suddenly have a very fast turn of speed.

If anyone has any information on this, please reply

I know it is rather vague, but if you have been on this trip you would not have forgotten.

KAZ

England
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Silver Springs River trips

I remember the trip. I went on it in 1995 and loved it. When I went on my honeymoon in 2003. I really wanted to repeat the experience. After a lot of searching I managed to e-mail him in August 2003 and unfortunately he replied to tell me that he was retiring. At the time, he was still running the trips between late October and February. I am returning to Florida in two weeks time, and have been unable to contact him. I suspect he is now fully retired.

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
England
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Silver Springs River trips

I managed to e-mail Ted in 2003 because I was returning to Florida and had really enjoyed it the last time. He replied to say that he was retiring and there were to be no more boat trips. If anyone knows of anything similar, please reply, as I would love to go.

Helen

Mentioned in this post
Florida
Florida
United States
Helen
Helen
Georgia
ocala
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Silver Springs River trips

Try these numbers

352-236-0288 - This is the number to the forest information center they could refer you to local charters

352-236-2575 - Holiday Inn Silver Springs

also in the area (they can they've done business with local charters from the boat basin) Hope this helps but its been a while since Ive worked in the area

ocala
5 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Silver Springs River trips

almost forgot 352-236-3955 is the number for slickcharters

Hope it was a little helpful

West Drayton...
Level Contributor
117 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Silver Springs River trips

Hi all,

I didn't realise I had posted on the Ocala forum and wondered why I couldn't find the post. Thanks for the replies.

Has anyone got the name of the canal that we would have travelled through to get to Silver Springs, also the name of the lake that you go across from Ted's place?

Where was Teds's place?

Thanks again, although I'm sad that the trips have fineshed completly.

Kaz

Mentioned in this post
Ocala
Ocala
Central Florida, FL
West Drayton...
Level Contributor
117 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Silver Springs River trips

Anybody out there????

West Drayton...
Level Contributor
117 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Silver Springs River trips

HI,

If anyone has any other sites for boat rentals with Captain, (not the glass bottom boats) it would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Kaz

West Drayton...
Level Contributor
117 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Silver Springs River trips

bump

West Drayton...
Level Contributor
117 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Silver Springs River trips

???????

england
11 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Silver Springs River trips

I also remember that trip have you found his number if you have could you contact me on cbsd41@aol.com if i find the number i will contact you thank that boat ride was fantastic wasn't it. thanks

Get answers to your questions about Ocala