We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping at Blue Springs State Park

Which Orange City hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Siesta Key, Florida
Level Contributor
11 posts
99 reviews
Save Topic
Camping at Blue Springs State Park

Hi,

Has anyone been camping at Blue Springs State Park? I have not been camping and decades and plan on going soon. Are there grills on each site as well as fire rings or is the fire ring the grill? Do I have to use fire wood for the fire ring or will charcoal work? Is there any other advice that you all know? Please help!!! Thanks

2 replies to this topic
Melbourne, Florida
Destination Expert
for Melbourne, Florida
Level Contributor
13,903 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping at Blue Springs State Park

I can't help with the amenities at that particular park, however it depends on what you want to do with the fire. Do you want a roast marshmallows type fire or only a fire to cook on? We will to have a campfire in the evenings so always bring firewood. You could use charcoal in the fire rings but the grate over the fire is usually very large, not good for cooking burgers or small items on unless you have something to cover the grate with. If they do not have regular grills you can pick up a cheap portable one at Walmart or a sporting goods store. Usually about $25.

Don't forget to animal proof your campsite. Raccoons can get into coolers and tents. don't leave food, soda cans, etc laying around. don't forget the bug spray and sunscreen. I usually make a list of all the things I will need to camp, then check it off as I pack. (We camp a lot so we have a plastic tub we keep all the camping equipment in, usually only have to add groceries and a few misc things). Oh and don't forget a lantern or good flashlight! Have fun!

Siesta Key, Florida
Level Contributor
11 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Camping at Blue Springs State Park

Thanks so much for the tips! I planned on cooking and roasting marshmallows but I guess I should just bring a portable grill for cooking and use the fire ring for the marshmallows and to sit around right?

Thanks for the tip about raccoons I totally forgot about that!

Reply to: Camping at Blue Springs State Park
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Orange City