We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Epcot dining

Which Orlando hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Minnesota
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Topic
Epcot dining

Any thoughts on a great dining experience at Epcot? Have heard there are some good options for French and/or Japanese... Let the opinions role!

P.S. We know about the Rose & Crown and patio seating, but that's apparently not an item of interest for us.

Michigan
Destination Expert
for South Haven, Saugatuck
Level Contributor
5,876 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Epcot dining

Personally I would take the short walk out of Epcot and eat at the Flying Fish at Boardwalk. The exit/entrance is by France.

Minnesota
Level Contributor
21 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Epcot dining

Thanks for the info Rono! I think without the park hopper option though, we might not be able to go back in to catch the Illuminations show... ???

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
355 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Epcot dining

We always eat at the Japanese restaurant while we are there. It is like Benihana. We have also had excellent meals at the French and Canadian restaurants. We also really loved the Brown Derby at MGM. Of course, we were on the package where we got dinner every night, all courses. Waddle, waddle, waddle.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
355 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Epcot dining

We always eat at the Japanese restaurant while we are there. It is like Benihana. We have also had excellent meals at the French and Canadian restaurants. We also really loved the Brown Derby at MGM. Of course, we were on the package where we got dinner every night, all courses. Waddle, waddle, waddle.

Winchester, Virginia
Level Contributor
582 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Epcot dining

Hi!

Flying Fish is very good. You can get your hand stamped and get back into the SAME park, just not a different one.

Our favorite of the EPCOT restaurants is the Moroccan restaurant, Marrackech (sp?). We also like the French. While some of the others are good, we can get Italian, Mexican, Chinese, and Japanese in our own home town so we like to try things that are new and different.

Have fun!

JCR
Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
45 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Epcot dining

We've eaten at the Mexican Restaurant ,it has a great atmosphere under the 'night starry skies', and the frozen margaritas are excellent

sarasota, florida
Destination Expert
for Sarasota
Level Contributor
1,811 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Epcot dining

We like the Mexican restaurant, think it is excellent. Also like Morocco, and France. Italy is good as well. We found Japanese to be mediocre. Canada is good, though the ambience is lacking.

Berlin, Germany
Level Contributor
103 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Epcot dining

If you like fish and buffet - go and try the "Akkershus" Restaurant in Norway, its a great taste and a good value.

Cheers

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
16 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Epcot dining

Hello..

Even with a one-day ticket, you can re-enter the park as often as you like.

As for dining, it really depends on what kind of food you like. Personally, Le Celier at Canada is an awesome steak restaurant.

Stay away from Mexico, many bad reviews.

Norway is good if you like smoked fish.

China is awesome as well as Japan.

Italy is a great one. It features Alfredo's. One of the only three orginal restaurants. It's food is AWESOME if you love Italian.

Germany is great and the restaurant is very 'scenic'.

At France, Le Chef's de France is awesome food. It's high class in a relaxed atmosphere.

I used to be a Guest Relations host at Epcot so I hope my info helps. If you have any questions, let me know.

Orlando, FL
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Epcot dining

The buffets at Germany and Norway are my favorites with Germany being my top choice. The buffet at Germany has dining music entertainment.

You can make reservations at Guest Services inside the park after you enter following your arrival.